smallyumi
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 7, 2019

Re: Soundbar Google Home support

Hi,

Can you pls let us know the Google Assistant VPA support is a software update or hardware update?

For example, if I buy the soundbar 700 right now, is there any chance to get Google Assistant support by updating software by wifi connection?

Thanks.

Comfuzed
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

Re: Is the Soundbar 700 getting Google Assistant?

Not sure I'd mark this answer as :"resolving" the question.  This kind of ambuiguios response is only a resolution as far as Bose's communication strategy is concerned, not the feature request as being asked for by the community. 

Resolution, from the community point of view, would be "Yes/No; as of version XXX Google Home is now/not supported".   

gavinrcooper
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 12, 2019

I'm also waiting on Google Assistant support for the Soundbar 700 series, specifically, 750, before I purchase.

Hello All,

We appreciate the continued interests in adding support for Google Assitant in the new Smart Home product line.

I can assure you this request has been passed to development.

If there is any news or updates, we'll be sure to share it with the community.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Community Manager

Hello everyone!

I wanted to reach out to everyone on this thread as we have some exciting news to share!  You can expect to see the Google Assistant VPA added to our Smart Home speakers Spring 2019.  Thank you for all your patience and hanging in there with us while we get this prepped and ready to go!

Warm Regards,

Tony A

smallyumi
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 7, 2019

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your info.

Can you please also explain a little details?

Will it be a new version of soundbar like 750? Or just software update?

Does 2019 spring means before end of Apr?

Can you please provide any link that we can check the latest post?

Regards,

Minyu

Community Manager

Hi Minyu,

Thanks for writing in!  

This feature will be released with an update and there will be no need for further purchases or accessories.  As far as a specific time, we do not have an ETA aside from what was posted earlier.  When we have more information available, we will be sure to provide an update.  We just wanted to let everyone know we have not forgotten about your requests for this and that we've been listening.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
PercyBottle
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

@Tony_A wrote:

You can expect to see the Google Assistant VPA added to our Smart Home speakers Spring 2019.

I assume that's a northern hemisphere Spring? ie, March through May?

Community Manager

Hi PercyBottle,

Yes, that would be correct.  We should have an official statement coming soon.  As soon as we do, we'll create a sticky post announcing it.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

gavinrcooper
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 12, 2019

This is great news Bose, you're back in the game! 🙂 I've just swapped back from the 'soon-to-be-released' LG/Meridian to the Bose Soundbar 700.