Brando61
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

Re: Is it possible to activate Google Assistant outside of the US ? (Soundbar 500)

Thanks for posting!

I just went in to check and sure enough I was able to switch. Awesome

Comfuzed
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

Re: Is it possible to activate Google Assistant outside of the US ? (Soundbar 500)

Another Bose App update and still no support for GA - here in Asia at least.   Why on earth GA isn't prioritized for release in countries that don't have Alexa support is beyond me.  Can't belive I'm considering buying an android phone to fake my location to set this up. 

I for one am not being patient, I'm just resigned to the fact that your devs aren't prioritising the asks of their user comunity. Guess since we've purchased the hardware, we're seen as a captive market. 

Really wishing I went the Sonos direction now, which is what I suggest to people when they see my setup.

Kroo Magnon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 1, 2019

Same thing for France, too long to deploy!!! If they deploy it one day...
Robert soo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

When will it be available in Singapore ???

Totally disappointed Customer !!!

Hello everyone,

Thanks for posting in the community. At the moment we do not have any updates on Google Assistant integration in countries other than US and Canada, as soon as we have more information we will share it with the community.

Should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Highlighted
PercyBottle
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

This thread is a sad list of broken promises from Bose moderators...

Joel_D: If there is any news or updates, we'll be sure to share it with the community.

Charlotte_G: As it currently stands, this is only available in the US. More information will be released as it becomes available.

Tegan_M: ...currently only available within the U.S. For expansions of this feature to other countries we will keep the community informed regarding what regions will be getting this feature to our eligible Bose systems. We will be sure to let the community know once the information is available.

Andy_B: ...we hope to expand this exciting functionality to more regions and languages. We will share this information with the Community when we know more.

Well, I guess I missed the announcement about GA being available in Canada. I've looked and can't find it anywhere.

Comfuzed
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

LOL - "communication" between your software team and the community is pretty **bleep** shoddy and visibility is non-existent. Still thanks for talking to us, even if the answers on feature releases are always exactly the same "no comment"  

Kroo Magnon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 1, 2019

Exactly what I'm thinking.
Customers are more efficient than bose moderators here.
Befort
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

Very helpful. Thanks. Does anyone have any ideas how to do this using iOS devices? I can’t seem to find a location faker for iOS. 

Kroo Magnon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 1, 2019

I don't know, I've only read something about android on this forum. Hope someone will may help you