Re: Is it possible to activate Google Assistant outside of the US ? (Soundbar 500)

Hey @PercyBottle

I appreciate your frustration, however, as mentioned by the long list of colleagues you have accumulated, more information will be shared when available. As of now, there is no information to share, rather than speculating and misinforming, we do our best to provide information as soon as it becomes available, and this is always the case. All major firmware/feature updates are posted to this forum first before announced anywhere else. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Highlighted
PercyBottle
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Re: Is it possible to activate Google Assistant outside of the US ? (Soundbar 500)

@Jeff_G wrote:

Hey @PercyBottle

we do our best to provide information as soon as it becomes available, and this is always the case.

Hi Jeff_G, I think you've missed the point of my comment. In this case you did actually have information to provide, namely that GA is now available in Canada. That is the kind of information your colleagues have been promising to tell us of, but no one has mentioned it. It took a customer to stumble across that fact and post it here in this thread for the rest of your customers to find out. Why didn't you or your colleagues tell us this fact?

Laurent_r
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

Re: Soundbar Google Home support

Hello,

Great news that google assistant is arriving. But, could you precise when this update will arrive in France please? 

Thanks in advance,

Laurent

Jamiej84
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

"As mentioned by the long list of colleagues you have accumilated" Wow! Sarcasm isn't found in the customer service handbook - how rude!

Sonos has announced GA is now available in the UK on their beam and one speakers......Like many others waiting on GA i'm a loyal Bose customer, my QC35ii headphones have GA and it's working in the US on the soundbar 500 and 700, so don't treat us like we're stupid with sarcastic responses. We know it's coming, It would be commercial suicide if it wasn't. Come on Bose give us an update at least, you have a lot of people waiting on this update and you're lagging behind your competitors!!!
Kinder
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2019

Hi there,

Same as Laurent_r, when is GA arriving to the soundbar 700 in France. I'm so tired of Alexa !!

Thanks,

Sebastien

mickru
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

I just got a pop up notification from the Bose App that Google Assistant is now available to me. As I'm currently on vacation in Italy I do not know if it means that it's available in Italy, or in Germany where I live. Exciting news if I would finally be able to use it in Germany on my 700 Soundbar. If it works I will get the 300 smart speaker for sure as well. 

Really exciting news finally...

mickru
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Strange that the moderators did not pre-announce this, but Google Assistant seems to be fully functional on my Bose Soundbar 700 in Germany. Finally I said good bye to Alexa. Thanks Bose! I guess now I am up for the release of the smart speaker 300 ...

Comfuzed
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

Nice! Lucky you.  I've had 2 updates to the app in SG, but still no VA support for google.

If I were to guess, I'd say the forum admins have no real relationship with the software development team, rather they are here to be an on-line help desk for how to use the functional features that have alrady been released.  I mean no disrespect - they do a great job - but they are just playing catchup and trying to pacify the users.

I understand the need for secrecy around hardware, but not software patches.  One day we can hope that Bose management will see these forums as the voice of the customer and actually get involved with kicking the butt of the development team to provide feature visibility.  

Kroo Magnon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 1, 2019

Great news for you ! 

Still waiting in france 

Kroo Magnon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 1, 2019

Good for France !!! 

But when I want to play music it says 

an error has occured I can’t control your domotic devices... an idea?