Janm
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 27, 2019

Re: Is it possible to activate Google Assistant outside of the US ? (Soundbar 500)

Again something annoying, the system is now finally working in the Netherlands and Bose chooses not to inform the community as promised. @@Bose , this is what people have been waiting for. At least tell us. 

Highlighted
PercyBottle
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Re: Is it possible to activate Google Assistant outside of the US ? (Soundbar 500)

@Janm wrote:

Again something annoying, the system is now finally working in the Netherlands and Bose chooses not to inform the community as promised. @@Bose , this is what people have been waiting for. At least tell us. 

Actually, they did announce this one, on the 11th. See the pinned post at the top of the Smart Home thread.

Kroo Magnon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 1, 2019

And do you have the same issue as me when you say "ok Google play music" ?

Laurent_r
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

Hello, it works for me with deezer.

Kroo Magnon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 1, 2019

Thanks for your answer.

When I want to play music, it answers me ok I put the playlist ... on Spotify, and then there's and issue I can't control your domotic devices. So strange! Do you have a Google home ? 

The soundbar is the only device with Google I have, maybe it's the reason ?

Laurent_r
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

Hello,

That seems to be a google assistant issue. You should find a forum on it. 

Best regards,

Laurent

Kroo Magnon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 1, 2019

Yes I know 

But it's new on soundbar and I want to know if I'm the only one to have this issue 

Sorry for several answers I had to delete because of wrong translations 

Kinder
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2019

Hi guys,

Yeah Google assistant available here in France on my Soundbar 700 !!

Screenshot_20190714-175415_Google.jpgBut, deception right away. Indeed, deezer not compatible ! I don't understand why. I kept going with the configuration to do some test.

When I try to launch Deezer, it says the same things as the others: "An error occured, Unfortunately I cannot control your domotic devices" ( I translated it)

Well, what's going on Bose ? It it a known issue? Is it a google assistant issue?

Do we need a google home device in addition to the soundbar to make it work? In that case, what a waste of money !! 

Well, I'm back to Alexa till a fix is available ...

If you have any answers, I'll be more than happy !

Thanks

Kroo Magnon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 1, 2019

Aaaah I'm not alone, tried several times since this morning. I think there's something wrong with the update

Kinder
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2019

Yes you're not alone Kroo Magnon! 

And the thing is that from the Bose Music app, Deezer is available and working fine. 

And with Alexa, I can start deezer by just asking it. (even if it's not able to play my own Playlist...) 

Please Bose, give us a fix !!