Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Re: Is it possible to activate Google Assistant outside of the US ? (Soundbar 500)

Still no GA support in Australia. I faked my location and got it set up but the functionality is fairly limited:

1. The front light does not illuminate to indicate if it heard the wake word making it difficult to use.

2. No support for YouTube music.

3. It can't be added to speaker groups.

It's useful for controlling your home's smart devices and functions ok as a standalone Google Home but with limited music service support and no speaker grouping. Overall very disappointing integration, I wish I knew all this before buying.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Re: Is it possible to activate Google Assistant outside of the US ? (Soundbar 500)

After a couple of weeks using Google Assistant on my Soundbar 700 I can say I'm happy with it. Everything I want to work, works. Using it to search the web for answers, starting web radio TuneIn, streaming music from Spotify, switching my lights in the house, controlling other smart speaker in the house by requesting to play music in a specific room.

The white light always lights up when GA is active indicating it's listening to me.

For me all is now perfect and what I had hoped for.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2019

Hi everyone,

So @mickru , everything is apparently working fine for you. You're in Germany right?

Have you by chance used/tried the Deezer service ? Or only Spotify ?

I'm gonna give Spotify a try but since I already have a premium Deezer account, I'm not subscribing for another platform.

Does anybody from Bose know if there's a schedule of making the soundbar 700 (and I guess the 300 and 500 as well) fully compatible in France?
It's so frustrating to be announced that the Google assistant is available and then find out that it's not finished and not worth it at all.
I'm so disappointed having to stick to Alexa to have Deezer (kind of) working !

Thanks

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Yes, I'm located in Germany. And no, have not tried Deezer as for me its the other way around. I have a subscription to Spotify and won't start with Deezer.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 1, 2019

J'ai annulé Amazon music pour prendre Spotify moi. 

Par contre je maintiens ce que j'ai dit plus haut et il n'est absolument pas question de volume dans la pièce, Google est bien plus sourd qu'Alexa c'est presque insupportable parfois. 

Et pour la musique je trouve Spotify (ou google) beaucoup moins abouti que Amazon (ou Alexa).

Plutôt déçu pour le moment.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2019

I had a Google Home Max before buying my soundbar 700, thinking that Alexa would be able to do the same things.

With the google home max, no issue with Deezer and my own playlists, when I found out that the Deezer skill for Alexa was so bad and not even able to use your own playlist, I was really disappointed. I always have to use my phone or tablet to use Deezer from the Bose Music App.

I was so thrilled about GA on the SB700, but the frustration is still there. Too bad !

Not talking about other products like Logitech Harmony which application is no functionnal with both GA and Alexa in France.

I guess development for France is set to ... will see later ...

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Posting french in an english language forum? Ich glaube ich schreibe dann auch in deutscher Sprache ... wenig hilfreich! Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 25, 2019

If you speek in french and german - þá tala ég bara á íslensku. Skiljið þið mig? 😉

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 1, 2019

Sorry xD 

Well I Said that I find Alexa and Amazon music more efficient than Google and Spotify, so I'm dissapointed with that. 

And I stopped Amazon music to take Spotify to answer about deezer's problems. So I can't say anything about Deezer. 

To finsh, I say AGAIN that Google is deafer than Alexa and it's not a VOLUME issue in my room because Alexa is very better to listen.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 28, 2019

Dear Bose,

Any update regarding Italian language? You have just unlocked about 6 european countries, but still missing Italy.

Following your 11 July thread, it is just a cloud service functionality based by Google services. It doens't require any firmware or app update.

I would appreciate your support to unlock our country as soon as possibile.

I have already setup my home system on bose products (soundbar 700, modulebass + 2x 500 home speaker) and google assistance is a long-awaited features to allow control of all the IOT devices and services in house.

Thanks,