Soundbar Google Home support

SOLVED
Author Accepted Answer selected by MSmithBose

Re: Is it possible to activate Google Assistant outside of the US ? (Soundbar 500)

Hi Kaz2057,

Thank you for your post to the Bose Community!

At the moment we do not have any additional information to offer regarding the integration of Italy to Google Assistance on our Smart home speakers. I would encourage you to keep an eye on our website and our social channels for the most up to date information. 

If there is anything else I can do for you, please reach out again!

Kindest,

Jessie O

Audible Advocate

Re: Is the Soundbar 700 getting Google Assistant?

I also purchased on the basis that Google assistant was “about to be released in Australia” and got the same response from Bose ever since “nothing”.  It been almost a year since I was told it is coming soon 

Silent Starter

Re: Is it possible to activate Google Assistant outside of the US ? (Soundbar 500)

Hello,

my question is:

are you working to have Google Assistant available also in Italy?

Or do we ha to move definitively on Alexa to use the soundbar voice's feature ?

Please, I prefer no answer, instead of a generic one...

Regards

Quiet Contributor

Re: Soundbar Google Home support

Hi, the Bose Google Assistant page now says it's available in Australia, but when I connect to my bose soundbar 700 via the Bose Music app it only show Alexa under voice assistant in settings. Is there some other way to setup the GA voice assistant on the soundbar? 

Highlighted
Silent Starter

I'm in Aus, I just opened my app and it started up with the GA setup screen but it crashed on the first button press. Did the same thing a couple of days ago too and GA is not an option under Voice Assistant. Maybe I'll try factory reset.

Quiet Contributor

Let me know if the factory reset works. I don't even get the GA setup screen. 

Silent Starter

Didn't work, wasted my time.

Quiet Contributor

Thanks for letting me know. Must be an issue with the app. The GA setup randomly popped up when I launched the app a hour ago and when I tried setting it up it said there was an issue and to set GA up through the voice assistant section in settings. But there's no option to set up GA in there... Only Alexa. 

Quiet Contributor

All good now... GA was available this morning in the Bose Music app. Happy days... 

Friendly Fanatic

I agree, please release Google Assistant for Italian customers.