Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

Soundbar placement and Adaptiq calibration

Hello,

So I'm really curious about the best placement and adaptiq calibration for my living room.

I attached a picture of the soundbar current position below.

1. I use IKEA mount for my TV so it's floating but not fixed to the wall, there is space to the wall, should I place the Soundbar 700 as close as possible to the wall or as close as the front edge of the TV bench/stand just like suggested on bose guide here?

2. Should the left and right of the soundbar free from any objects such as table lamp, router, etc.? because from what I read the soundbar need to bounce the sound to the wall so I'm guessing if there's anything between it will not works maximum.

3. I only have 3 spots on my sofa so it's asking to go to 5 spots to calibrate, what should I do with the last 2 spots? should I just use it all on my sofa? or it is better to use on other positions of the room so it will calibrate the sound not only for the spots that I usually seat but also for the room too?

I would really like to hear some opinions from the support team and also users.

Thank you for the time

IMG_9002.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Soundbar placement and Adaptiq calibration

Author Accepted Answer selected by vineryap

Hello Vineryap, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If you look at the diagram on this page here, it shows you the layout of the Soundbar. The Soundbar uses quiet port technology. This means that the Soundbars recessed ports use a piece of resistant screen to reduce noise whilst getting more sound through a smaller opening. This creates a virtually distortion-free bass from a slim profile. 

Blocking the back of the bar could get in the way of this technology so it is not recommended. We advise to keep the back side of the soundbar at least 0.4 in. (1 cm) from any other surface. Blocking the ports on this side affects acoustic performance as explained above. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hi vineryap,

Thanks for reaching out to the community! We would love to assist you with your soundbar setup. 

If you just own the soundbar itself (no surround speakers and bass module) this placement on your cabinet is appropriate. 

Objects close to your soundbar could potentially cause blockages in audio, however this shouldn't provide a large amount of interference. One thing I would be aware of if your internet router as this could provide WiFi connection issues with your speaker through interference.Let us know if you do experience this then we would be more than happy to assist you further with that. The ADAPTiQ process will calibrate the audio for your system to work effectively in your living space. You will need to perform all 5 steps in the calibration process, therefore I would recommend performing these points around your living space to fill in all these steps. 

If you have any further questions, do let us know. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

@Tegan_M wrote:

Hi vineryap,

Thanks for reaching out to the community! We would love to assist you with your soundbar setup. 

If you just own the soundbar itself (no surround speakers and bass module) this placement on your cabinet is appropriate. 

Objects close to your soundbar could potentially cause blockages in audio, however this shouldn't provide a large amount of interference. One thing I would be aware of if your internet router as this could provide WiFi connection issues with your speaker through interference.Let us know if you do experience this then we would be more than happy to assist you further with that. The ADAPTiQ process will calibrate the audio for your system to work effectively in your living space. You will need to perform all 5 steps in the calibration process, therefore I would recommend performing these points around your living space to fill in all these steps. 

If you have any further questions, do let us know. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Hi,

Thank you for the fast response.

So I am planning to add more accessories to it soon (rear & sub) what kind of placement would be best if I added them?

So the Adaptiq calibration process It is doesn't require me to always seat on the place that I usually do but I can also move to other spots such as the corners of the room?

Highlighted

Hi vinerap, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

This would be correct, I would suggest that you use your prime seating areas, then for any added positions you can use this for corners in your room. You want to give the process an idea of your living space so that it calibrates the audio to best suit your living space.

As for adding a bass module and surround speakers. The surround speakers are considered 'rear speakers' meaning they should be located behind you in order to provide a surround audio experience. As for the bass module, commonly this will be placed on the floor besides your soundbar, however something to consider is that for more bass, you will want to place the bass module close to walls and corners. For less bass, place the bass module away from walls and corners.

If you decide on purchasing these products, once you have done your set up you will want to re-run the ADAPTiQ process once more. 

I hope this helps. Do let us know if you have any further questions. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

@Tegan_M 

Just one more thing, what if I push back the soundbar so it is below my TV directly will it affect the sound performance because on this link it's recommending the position to be as close as possible to the front edge of the tv bench? if it's affecting the performance could you explain how it is affecting the sound performance, please?

Thank you

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by vineryap

Hello Vineryap, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If you look at the diagram on this page here, it shows you the layout of the Soundbar. The Soundbar uses quiet port technology. This means that the Soundbars recessed ports use a piece of resistant screen to reduce noise whilst getting more sound through a smaller opening. This creates a virtually distortion-free bass from a slim profile. 

Blocking the back of the bar could get in the way of this technology so it is not recommended. We advise to keep the back side of the soundbar at least 0.4 in. (1 cm) from any other surface. Blocking the ports on this side affects acoustic performance as explained above. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

View solution in original post