Soundtouch 30 randomly updating

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Soundtouch 30 randomly updating

I have a soundtouch 30 and 10, both working fabulously.  However on my mac computer whenever I enter the soundtouch app it says an update is required. After doing the update, I presume, it disappears off screen and the app closes down.  When I go back into the app it is back saying an update is required, and I cannot bypass it to use the app (which is working fine on my mobile).  I really want it to work on my mac, I have tried deleting and downloading again but the problem persists.  Please what can I do?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Soundtouch 30 randomly updating

Hello SandAce,

Thank you for messaging the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue of your computer's SoundTouch App continuously updating. We would love to get this resolved for you. 

Can you please confirm for us what computer you are using?

I would firstly recommend that you perform a reset of your computer to see if this provides any improvements. 

Please let us know!

Tegan M - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Hello

I am using macOS High Sierra  Version 10.13.6

Yes I have reset my computer and I have also reset the Bose app.

It is still asking continuously for an update, and will not let me in.

Thanks 

SandAce

Hi SandAce, 

Thank you for confirming this!

I would recommend fully uninstalling the application. This is not done in the standard way of dragging and dropping the app into the 'Trash'. You will need to go into the Finder and find the SoundTouch Folder under 'Applications'. You will then have the option to uninstall the application.

Once completed, you will then be able to download the application again. This should resolve the update loop you are experiencing. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Quiet Contributor

Yeah i have also been facing this issue since past few days.I also tried reseting and even tried the painful process of formatting.Hopefully will get an accurate solution here My Wegmans Connect

Hi there @Rob10 and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're also having this issue. If you have not done so already, I would recommend uninstalling this as suggested by @Jessie_O above, then clicking HERE to go to download the fresh version of the installer.

With the fresh installer on your system please run this program to get an up to date version of the SoundTouch app on your system. 

If you have done these steps, can I ask that you provide us with an image of what you're seeing when you finish the installation and then try and open the app again?

I would also recommend that anyone in the Community who is having/has had these issues to give this a try and get back to me.

I look forward to hearing back!

Liam W

Quiet Contributor

Hi Liam

I have followed your instructions again, which is exactly how I uninstalled the first 2 times.  Unfortunately I have the same problem.  I have installed the Bose Soundtouch app again, and have a new icon, looks like a piece of A4 paper with an A made out of pencils and ruler.  However once I click this I get the Bose Soundtoch app to open, it flashes immediately from the home page (showing my Speakers and music options) to a black screen asking for an update, which I cannot get passed.  I have clicked update and then I am requested to enter my password, which I do and then the screen app just disappears.  I dont have time to take a photo as nothing is on the screen.... any other ideas please....

Hello SandAce, 

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Can you kindly provide us with a screenshot of the icon and the screens you are subsequently seeing? What you have described sounds more like the Apple App Store and not the Bose SoundTouch application. (To take a screenshot on a mac, you can press CMD + SHIFT + 3 to take a fullscreen screenshot.) Providing us with this will make our job much easier to diagnose and troubleshoot the issue. 

Alternatively, I'd recommend reaching out to support so a member of our support team can remote access your computer to fix the issue. Details can be found here.

I look forward to hearing from you.

If anyone else has had similar issues and have been able to resolve it, please feel free to get involved in this conversation. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Quiet Contributor

Hello Jeff G

I have tried to do as you have asked here are some screen shots as best I could catch them :-Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 12.03.54.pngshowing update 100% doneScreen Shot 2019-08-15 at 12.04.21.pngscreen after updateScreen Shot 2019-08-15 at 12.04.46.pngafter update going back into app

aHello SandAce, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I have just done some tests myself, there were similar issues updating directly from the app. So I went to my Applications folder (CMD+Shift+A) then went to the SoundTouch folder, then double-clicked Uninstall.

I then visited http://www.bose.com/SoundTouch_app to download the latest version of the app. 

After installing the app - I was not presented with any update required messages. 

I'm wondering if when you are opening the SoundTouch dmg file, you are potentially opening an older build? The latest build I installed was SoundTouch-app-installer-22.0.2-2735-8ff3929.dmg. Please check the file you opened to ensure this is the same. If it isn't, please uninstall the app again, download the latest build, then ensure you open that specific build. I would recommend deleting any SoundTouch installer dmg files from your Downloads folder to prevent any confusion.

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Jeff G