Highlighted
GRMan
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 27, 2019

Soundtouch Application on PC (WIN 10) and Bose Soundbar 500

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me troubleshoot an issue. I have a Bose soundbar 500 connected to my television, I was also able to set up the android app on the home network without any problems and wireless devices (like phones and laptops) can all connect to the speaker without issues.

The problem is that the Bose application on my PC, which is hard-wired through an ethernet port on the same router as the wifi, cannot find the speaker. I can see the speaker on the PC through the device manager and have connected/removed it from the device manager multiple times in all possible configurations but for some reason the application doesnt want to recognize it. The "Bose Soundtouch REST server" is also visible from the PC but I can't do anything with it without the application I'm guessing.  I've reset the router multiple times, turned off the firewall on the PC and the application still will not recognize the speaker. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue before with a wired network PC attempting to connect to the speaker through wifi on the same router. I would like to be able to stream music from my PC library but this doesn't seem like its going to work.

Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Re: Soundtouch Application on PC (WIN 10) and Bose Soundbar 500

Hello GRMan,

Welcome to the Bose Community Forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I hope you're enjoying your new Soundbar 500! I'd love to offer some help on the issues you're currently experiencing. The Soundbar 500 forms part of our range of Smart Home Speakers, which is directly supported by the Bose Music application which is widely available for mobile phones and tablets. At this time, there is no computer Bose Music application.

The application you may have downloaded is the SoundTouch application, which is available for computers. The SoundTouch application is not cross-compatible with our range of Smart Home Speakers like the Soundbar 500, but instead supports our range of SoundTouch speakers like SoundTouch 300 Sound Bar, or smaller speakers like the SoundTouch 10 speaker. 

More information for our Smart Home Speaker range can be found HERE.

More information on our SoundTouch Speaker range can be found HERE.

If you would like to stream audio from your stored music library on the computer, you may find streaming the audio via Bluetooth a suitable solution to your needs. At this time, streaming directly from a stored music library from a hard drive or NAS drive is not supported within the Bose Music application for the Soundbar 500.

If you have any additional questions, please reach out again and we'd love to help.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

GRMan
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 27, 2019

Re: Soundtouch Application on PC (WIN 10) and Bose Soundbar 500

Ok, I understand. That explains my problem, thank you.