Soundtouch app keeps wanting an update

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Soundtouch app keeps wanting an update

I have a soundtouch 30 and 10, both working fabulously.  However on my mac computer whenever I enter the soundtouch app it says an update is required. After doing the update, I presume, it disappears off screen and the app closes down.  When I go back into the app it is back saying an update is required, and I cannot bypass it to use the app (which is working fine on my mobile).  I really want it to work on my mac, I have tried deleting and downloading again but the problem persists.  Please what can I do?

5 REPLIES 5
Silent Starter

Re: Soundtouch app keeps wanting an update

Same problem here... SoundTouch 10 and Mac OS/X (latest) -- but requests an update every time I launch the App

Audible Advocate

I'm also having the same issue. Although mine will let me pick remind me later and use the app after several GUI asking to update the app.  Currently on OS 10.14.06. Phone app . works fine but desktop is a slight pain in the butt. Ive updated numerous times but the update never really takes.  Only one time did I see a downloading bar go to about 50% but thats it . It does ask me for permission to make changes on my Mac but just doesnt finish I guess.   Bose plelase address this for us.  The OP posted this 3 weeks ago and nothing.

Hi Everybody! 

Thank you for taking the time to post to the Community and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear that your application appears to be in a loop. I would recommend uninstalling the app and redownloading it. To uninstall the SoundTouch App you will need to locate it in Finder > Applications > SoundTouch > Uninstall. Moving the app the trash is not going to be enough as the settings for the application will be retained. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Audible Advocate

That did it Jessie . Thank you.  Dont know why I didnt think of that myself, but Im glad you did.

Hi K9blueline,

Thank you for letting me know that your issue has been resolved and you are back up and running! This is great news!  If the troubleshooting provided has resolved your issue, kindly mark the post as an 'Accepted Solution' to assist other members of the community which may be experiencing the same issue. 

Once again, I'm glad to hear your System is back to running smoothly. 

If there is anything else I can do, please reach out again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O