FCPTX
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 22, 2016

Soundtouch not available ("Searching for speaker")

I have 4 Soundtouch speakers. At least one of them (2 right now) are not available. I mean they are visible within the app but I can't control them and the app is "Searching for speaker". I'm running a Netgear Orbi mesh network with one base and 2 satellites. Wifi coverage is excellent throughout the house (I checked every speaker location).

I can eventually get it back running by connecting it to the network again through the app, or by resetting the speaker(s) but this is super annoying since this happens about once a week.

I've had the system for 4 years now and have never found an effective solution. 

What can I do?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Soundtouch not available ("Searching for speaker")

Hello FCPTX, 

Thank you for posting in the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing some connection issues with your SoundTouch speakers for some time now. I would love to offer some assistance to resolve this for you. 

I'd like to direct you HERE where another moderator has talked about our recommended router settings which you may find useful. You can find this on page 1, 6 posts down by @Keith_L.

Once you have tested these, get back to me and let me know if there is any improvement. I will be more than happy to assist you further if needed.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.