Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Source messed up on Samsung TV after firmware 8.0.13

Hi @ Bose,

After the firmware updating my Soundbar 700  (to 8.0.13) the day before yesterday (soundbar 700) , today, suddenly after switching off the Samsung Smart TV  the bar started flashing white light (for 3-5 minutes and went away after that) and the soundbar lost all connection to Samsung TV (connected via ARC). The problem is that the app (ios 3.3.4)  in the source when I select music source as TV the app shows that the TV is playing through the bar 700  but it is not. It plays through the TV speaker. I cannot select Bose as a "source". Only 2 options: TV speaker and Audio Optical. No receiver HDMI option 

Initially TV was showing Receiver (HDMI) as a source but the sound was not coming from the bar 700 and after I restarted the TV and the bar. Now it's not even showing in as source on TV I have tried the following:

1. unplugging and plugging back the soundbar to power,  restarting the router and the modem

2. Unplugging and plugging back the HDMI cable. The HDMI seems fine as when reconnected it shows on the TV that Home theater set up was successful.  

3. In the Bose Music App (IOS 3.3.4) the App shows that Bose is playing from TV when it is playing through TV speakers and not through sound Bar 700 . 

5. Advanced CEC is switched on. 

What can i do now? 

Only radio stations are working. Please help, I am getting tired with Bose 700

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Re: Source messed up on Samsung TV after firmware 8.0.13

Author Accepted Answer selected by Raiden

and plugging all back in 2 minutes...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Solved the issue temporarily by unplugging TV from power and the bar 700 .... this worked... 

Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by Raiden

and plugging all back in 2 minutes...

View solution in original post