Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 29, 2020

Speaker Group with Bluetooth Connection

Hi

I'm looking at purchasing the Soundbar 700 as the first speaker in my house. I expect I will slowly add more speakers to eventually "group" them together.

I will be using the speakers for both connecting to my TV and playing music. However, as I use Google Music as my streaming service of choice I can't use the Bose Music app to play music. Instead I will have to connect my phone via Bluetooth to play my music?

If I have setup a group of wireless speakers, will my music play throughout all of the speakers or only the first/one speaker I connect to via bluetooth? i.e. will the Soundbar then wirelessly transmit my music to the rest of the speakers in the group?

Thanks for your help.

Cheyne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Speaker Group with Bluetooth Connection

Author Accepted Answer selected by CheyneB

Yes you can connect to any one of the Smart speakers by BT, and it can then transmit to the rest over Wifi, so they can all be linked.

Just be aware of range issues.  Ie you are connected to the Soundbar (the master) and walk into the bedroom you may be out of range and have to then connect to the bedroom speaker and make that the master speaker.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by CheyneB

Yes you can connect to any one of the Smart speakers by BT, and it can then transmit to the rest over Wifi, so they can all be linked.

Just be aware of range issues.  Ie you are connected to the Soundbar (the master) and walk into the bedroom you may be out of range and have to then connect to the bedroom speaker and make that the master speaker.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 29, 2020

Thanks.

That makes my decision so much easier.

Kind regards

Cheyne