Speaker wire

SOLVED
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Speaker wire

Hi,

One of the speaker wires that connects the them to my virtual invisible surround speakers broke right below the gray (which I assume is solder) part...  Can I just strip and expose more speaker wire then connect it up without replacing that gray portion? I’m thinking I can but, I wanna be sure before I tried and somehow hurt the speaker.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by arohn18

Accepted Solutions

Re: Speaker wire

Hi Arohn18, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. Troubleshooting for this product usually relates back to the system that they are connected too. 

Have you attempted to Factory reset the system and set it up as new? This may resolve the connection issues you are having. 

To reset your Soundbar please follow the following steps: 

1. Remove the product from your Bose account.
  2. On the remote, simultaneously press and hold the Power and Skip forward buttons for 5 seconds. The soundbar reboots and, when complete, the light bar glows solid amber.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

11 REPLIES 11

Hi arohn18,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about this.

You can certainly do this, you should not come across any problems due to doing this.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I will be happy to help.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Thanks Charlotte,

i restripped the wires and connected them to the speaker but, it still won’t work and to make matters worse, I deleted my accessories off the app to see if readding them would fix my problem but, now my soundbar cant find my bass module or the surround speakers. Any suggestionshow to get me up and running again? And I agree, I shouldn’t be having an issue with the speaker wires even though they are no longer tinned I wouldn’t think 

please help,

thanks! 

Hi Arohn18, 

Thanks for updating us on this issue. We are sorry to hear that this did not resolve your issue. 

What LED's are you seeing on the Bass Module and Surround Speakers. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Audible Advocate

Yellowish orange 

Thanks for confirming that for me Arohn18, 

Is this LED solid or blinking? 

Can you please also confirm which Bass Module you have?

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Audible Advocate

The LED is solid and I’ve got the Bose 500 bass module 

Hi Arohn18, 

Thanks for updating me on this issue. The Solid LED indicates that the bass module has lost connection with the control system. 

What system was the bass module connected too? If it was a Soundbar I would recommend attempting to remove and re-add the Bass module and speakers in the app. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Audible Advocate

Hey Hector,

I managed to get surround sound speakers and Bass 500 to be recognized by the soundbar using the app. The bass responded right away but, neither surround sound speaker works however, the LED on them is white. One of the speakers was working before I deleted it (I was thinking if I deleted them and reinstalled them that I could get the one I had to restrip to work) but, neither are working now. But again, they ARE both showing as being connected through the soundbar. Any ideas why I can’t get the surround speakers to produce sound?

Hi Arohn18, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. Troubleshooting for this product usually relates back to the system that they are connected too. 

Have you attempted to Factory reset the system and set it up as new? This may resolve the connection issues you are having. 

To reset your Soundbar please follow the following steps: 

1. Remove the product from your Bose account.
  2. On the remote, simultaneously press and hold the Power and Skip forward buttons for 5 seconds. The soundbar reboots and, when complete, the light bar glows solid amber.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B