Raf-ael
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Speakers are ungrouped automatically - Home Speaker 500 and 300

Dear Bose Product management,

I love Bose products. I fell in love when I bought my first companian speakers 15 years ago.

Now I bought a home speaker 300 and 500 to test the new Bose multi room system. I plan to buy more components. 

One very annoying thing is, that the speakers are ungrouped automatically after they are in standbye for a while. 

I read somewhere that you call this a feature. 

I do not see a use case where this feature is appropriate. 

I come home every day and need to group the speakers again. Otherwise I can not hear the same music in different rooms of my apartment. 

Please, please, please, Bose. Change this feature and give me the possibility to have the speakers grouped permanently. 

Thanks,

Rafael

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Speakers are ungrouped automatically - Home Speaker 500 and 300

Hello Rafael,

Thank you for posting in the Bose Community!

Your support is truly appreciated and I thank you for providing this feedback. I will be sure to pass this along to our development team for future consideration.

If you do have any questions, feel free to get back to me and I will assist you in any way that I can.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

BAAJR
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Hey!

I agree!  I hate that the only option is to use the app whenever I want my speakers to be grouped (I currently have 2x Bose 500 Smart Speakers and a Bose 500 Soundbar).  Also, the fact that you can't use a voice command such as, "Play everywhere/on all speakers" is pretty silly in my opinion.  To me, this seems like such a basic feature, for a premium product it should be native.  

There's a handful of features that the Soundtouch system has, it bums me out that they're not available for the newer speakers.

swansc
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 27, 2019

not certain this is applicable but would be setting standby to never address this issue. I use this on the Sound bar 500 to deal with the power on / power off issues that seem to come with HDMI ARC. It solved it for me by just not turning the unit off ever. I know some will not like that approach.

Raf-ael
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Thanks Swansc, that sounds like a great work around. 

I just could not find the setting: standbye -> never. 

Can you, or someone else, help me where I can deactivate standby for my Bose Home Speaker 300 and 500?

I looked in the manual, the Bose music app and also googled for a while. Couldn't find anything. 

Thanks for your help,

Rafael