DennisG01
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2015

Speakers no longer connected to network.

I have a Bose 20, 4 Bose 10 and a Bose Link adapter. These all worked fine for about a year but all of a sudden they will not connect to my network. All other connected devices work fine. I have gone through all the recommended troubleshooting steps but to no avail. Any suggestions on what else to try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Speakers no longer connected to network.

Author Accepted Answer selected by DennisG01

Hello DennisG01, 

Thank you for getting back to us and confirming the steps you have attempted. 

Regarding the manual update process, did you get the same error for all of your products? 

Let's go ahead and try the alternate setup method. 

SoundTouch 10 + 20

1. On the back of your product, disconnect all cables but the power cord
  2. On the top of your product, press and hold the 2 and Volume - buttons for about five seconds until the the Wi-Fi light glows solid amber
    Tip: If your system has a display, Hold for setup appears and a countdown from 5 begins when you hold the buttons. Then light glows amber
  3. On a computer or mobile device, go to the Wi-Fi settings and connect to Bose SoundTouch Wi-Fi network
  4. Open a web browser and go to http://192.0.2.1 to view the setup screen
  5. Select your network and enter the network password, then select Submit
  6. Wait while your product connects: If successful, a check appears; if unsuccessful, an X appears
  7. Once connected, unplug your product for 30 seconds
  8. Open the SoundTouch app and follow the instructions to connect your product to your Bose account.
    When prompted, select SYSTEM ALREADY CONNECTED TO NETWORK instead of Wi-F/Ethernet

SoundTouch Wireless Link

1. If connected, disconnect any USB or Ethernet cable from the back of your product
  2. On the back of your product, press and hold the Control button until the Wi-Fi light glows solid amber
  3. On a computer or mobile device, go to the Wi-Fi settings and connect to Bose SoundTouch Wi-Fi network
  6. Wait while your product connects: If successful, a check appears; if unsuccessful, an X appears
  8. Open the SoundTouch app and follow the instructions to connect your product to your Bose account.
    When prompted, select SYSTEM ALREADY CONNECTED TO NETWORK instead of Wi-F/Ethernet

Note: If it doesn't happen automatically, you might need to go to the Wi-Fi setting of the computer or mobile device and reconnect to your network.

Let me know how you get on with this. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi there @DennisG01 and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear of the connection difficulties you've had with your SoundTouch products and would be happy to help!

To make sure I don't ask you to repeat steps you've already done, can I ask that you clarify which troubleshooting steps you've already tried please? 

For example,

• Setup mode and paired again?
  • Factory reset and pair again?
  • Reset Wi-Fi Router and checked for availability?
  • Manually updated speakers?
  • Tried setup with another phone/device?
  • Tried connecting via an Ethernet cable and search again?
  • Alternate setup attempted?

Please get back to me when you can to confirm how I can follow up for you 😊!

Liam W - Community Support

Highlighted
DennisG01
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2015

Hi Liam,

Thank you for your response. I am at wits end here. I have tried the steps you mentioned below.

• Setup mode and paired again? Yes. Continually says I system needs help connecting. I follow the steps thereafter and I just keep getting back to the point where the speaker needs help connecting.
  • Factory reset and pair again? Yes
  • Reset Wi-Fi Router and checked for availability? Done
  • Manually updated speakers? Soundtouch 10 message on computer is that they cannot be updated from the computer and I need to use the app on my phone. Then I get back into the same issues as above.
  • Tried setup with another phone/device? Used laptop and phone.
  • Tried connecting via an Ethernet cable and search again? Yes. Have now connected the Soundtouch 20 permanently via ethernet cable, which defeats the objective of being wireless.
  • Alternate setup attempted? No.

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by DennisG01

Hello DennisG01, 

Thank you for getting back to us and confirming the steps you have attempted. 

Regarding the manual update process, did you get the same error for all of your products? 

Let's go ahead and try the alternate setup method. 

SoundTouch 10 + 20

1. On the back of your product, disconnect all cables but the power cord
  2. On the top of your product, press and hold the 2 and Volume - buttons for about five seconds until the the Wi-Fi light glows solid amber
    Tip: If your system has a display, Hold for setup appears and a countdown from 5 begins when you hold the buttons. Then light glows amber
  6. Wait while your product connects: If successful, a check appears; if unsuccessful, an X appears

SoundTouch Wireless Link

1. If connected, disconnect any USB or Ethernet cable from the back of your product
  2. On the back of your product, press and hold the Control button until the Wi-Fi light glows solid amber
  6. Wait while your product connects: If successful, a check appears; if unsuccessful, an X appears

Note: If it doesn't happen automatically, you might need to go to the Wi-Fi setting of the computer or mobile device and reconnect to your network.

Let me know how you get on with this. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
DennisG01
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2015

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you very much. This solution worked and I am now back up and running.

Regards,

Dennis G