Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2020

Spotify Connect Bose soundbar 500

Hi, Spotify is not working with my soundbar 500 since 1 week. I cannot connect to my Spotify account on the Bose Music App. I can use Spotify with the Spotify App and Bluetooth, but not directly with my Soundbar. 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Spotify Connect Bose soundbar 500

Hello Lucmex, 

I am sorry that you are having this issue. I have just tried this in the office and cannot replicate the issue. Please can I confirm a few things with you:

1. What device do you have the Bose Music app running on and what firmware version is that device on? 
  2. Can you play audio via Spotify Connect to the speaker? 
  3. If possible, please can you show me a screenshot of what you are seeing? 
  4. Did anything happen around the time this stopped working?
  5. Have you tried any troubleshooting? 

I look forward to working together to resolve this. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

@Vicky_WI'm encountering the same issue as the OP. I cannot link my Spotify account to the Bose Music app. It won't even allow me to proceed with linking my Spotify account. Nothing happens after I click on the ">" button to authorize linking my account to the Bose Music app. Please assist. Thanks.

Highlighted

Hey ichbinlibbeh,

Thanks for joining the conversation and welcome to the Bose Community.

Sorry that you're experiencing some issues with connecting your Spotify account within the Bose Music app.

Let's start by deleting and reinstalling the Bose Music app. This will also ensure that you have the most up to date version of the app.

Please get back to me and let me know if anything changes. 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Hello. I did as you asked, and I'm still having the same issue. I cannot connect my Bose Music app to any streaming music service (Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM, etc). I am using the latest version of the Bose Music Android app, and my phone is up to date. I don't think it's on my end. Seems to be an issue with your Android app.

Is there no web portal for Bose Music? It would be nice to be able to log into Bose Music through a browser when the app isn't working.

Highlighted

Thanks for trying this. 

This isn't currently a widely reported issue with the Bose Music app for Android so I'd like to look into this further with you. Would you be able to sign out and create a new Bose Music account and try this again? Alternatively, please try on another device as this will indicate if the issue is related to the speaker specifically. 

We do not have a desktop version of Bose Music. This is only available for iOS and Android.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

I appreciate the quick response.

I downloaded the iOS version of Bose Music was on my iPhone (it's my work phone, so I won't always have access to it), and I was able to link my Spotify account to my Bose Music account. 

Can you have your development team look into this issue for Android devices? Thanks.

Highlighted

That's great to hear! 

Of course, I will certainly pass along your feedback so this can be looked into.👍