Comfuzed
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

Spotify Discover Weekly Corruption 500 Private Mode?

I listen to white nose on my 500 at night. 

Around 2-3 weeks ago, my Spotify Discover Weekly playlist became flooded with white noise and sleep sound music recommendations - none of which I'm interested in.

I found this Sonos related thread over on the Spotify site that suggests Private Listening mode may not be enabled when listening on the device. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/My-Discover-Weekly-is-useless-now/m-p...

Can you advise?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Spotify Discover Weekly Corruption 500 Private Mode?

Hello Comfuzed, 

Thanks for reaching out to Bose. 

As noted on the above linked page: 

"Whenever you listen to something that you don't want to have recommendations about or added to your Discover Weekly in the future, you can switch to private listening.
Keep in mind that the songs you've listened to before may not take effect on your Discover Weekly immediately, which might explain why the recommendations haven't popped up before.
Keep listening to your favorite music without private mode, and only activate it during the night, and your Discover Weekly's should reflect your true preferences soon.
Hope that helps :)" 

I'm afraid this issue is unrelated to Bose, and not something we are able to assist with. For further assistance with Spotify feature-related issues, please click here.

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support 

Highlighted
Comfuzed
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

Re: Spotify Discover Weekly Corruption 500 Private Mode?

I play the single song playlist on my 500 from a Bose preset button.  Since my preset has no option for "Private", I believe this to be a Bose problem.  Likely this is in your Spotify integration, or an unintended consequence of a Spotify update.