Mr Jones
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 15, 2019

Spotify Presets not storing music position

Hi,

I've been using the HomeSpeaker 300 with Spotify (great sound, btw), and I stored Spotify playlists on the speaker presets.

It all works fine, except for the fact that everytime I choose a given preset (let's say preset 1) it always starts again from the beginning.

IMHO this doesn't make too much sense, because no matter how many songs I have on that playlist, if I only listen to music for 1 hour each day, I will be always listening to the same songs (the ones that add up to ~60 minutes).

If I remember correctly, the previous SoundTouch speakers would start from the point where it was last stopped (at least with music stored on a NAS), which makes a lot more sense.

Am I doing something wrong or missing some step on this?

Thank You and cheers.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Spotify Presets not storing music position

Hi Mr Jones,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community.

Don't worry you aren't doing anything wrong with your setup or playing the music from Spotify. With Spotify, when we start a playlist on the speaker it will start it from the beginning each time, if it has been a while since we last played from the playlist.

If you wanted to get music from different points in the playlist when we press the preset button, you can always set Spotify to shuffle. That way after the first song it will pick a track at random from within the playlist for you to listen to. I know that isn't quite what you were after but it does mean you will get more variety in your music on Spotify.

I hope this helps.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.