Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevel56
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2021

Spotify keeps disconnecting

Spotify keeps disconnecting

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

15 REPLIES 15
Jeff_G

Re: Spotify keeps disconnecting

Hi Stevel56, 

Thanks for posting. 

To give us a better insight, kindly complete the form with as much detail as possible. 

We'll look forward to hearing from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Stevel56
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2021

What is the form?

when are you going to fix this

it’s not a Spotify problem 

My music keeps disconnecting 

Vicky_W

@Stevel56, here is the information we need:

Bose product name

Country

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Stevel56
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2021

Bose home speaker 300 *2 grouped 

Australia

7.0.11-2327+b43665d

the Spotify music is connected via the speaker from the app

l can see the Spotify music playing

on the laptop but no sound from the speaker 

then it Totally disconnects

and l have to restart the music from the laptop 

It doesn’t happen all the time

And It doesn’t happen with Deezer

It’s just annoying 

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this Stevel56, 

Can you please let us know if you are only having this issue with Spotify on the PC or on all devices? Also when you state that the speaker is connected from the app are you referring to the Bose Music app or the Spotify app? 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information on this. 

Stevel56
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2021

Hello again 

Spotify keeps disconnecting when playing via Bose 300 home speakers 

It doesn’t disconnect when playing the Deezer music

Spotify also doesn’t disconnect when playing on the laptop iPad or iPhone 

Can you please fix this ASAP?

Jeff_G

Hi Stevel56, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We're not aware of any known issues with Spotify at this time. The problem could be localized to your setup. Have you tried removing the Spotify account and tried to re-add it? 

Have you also tried accessing Spotify via its app using Spotify Connect?

Thanks.

Stevel56
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2021

Hello again 

Thanks for your reply 

l think l have found the cause

It seems to be when my Apple MacBook Air goes to sleep, Spotify stops, even if l have launched Spotify via the app

However, Spotify doesn’t stop when playing via the laptop top speakers

I have had the laptop for over a year so This is problem has only happened recently 

Thanks in advance 

Charlotte_G

@Stevel56 It's great that you seem to have narrowed down the cause. When you talk about via the app, do you mean the Spotify app or the Bose Music app? If you initiate playback through the Bose Music app on a mobile or tablet, does the same issue occur when Spotify is open on your MacBook and it goes to sleep?