Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Spotify on Bose is a MESS

On multiple systems and on multiple networks/ISPs, Spotify CONSTANTLY fails to connect and requires system restarts. No such problems with Amazon Music, Pandora, TuneIn.  Same problem with Bose Music app and Spotify app.  All I get are vague, unintelligible error messages with hexadecimal codes which vary from one instance to the next.

AGAIN, this has happened on multiple products (two SoundTouch 30s, a Home Speaker 500 and a Home Speaker 300) and on three separate ISPs in two states.

Using iOS 13.5.1 and most current apps (i check for updates daily).

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: Spotify on Bose is a MESS

Hey @JEH1954,

That's quite odd - are you trying to play Spotify using the Bose Music app? Or, using the Bose system through the Spotify app 'Connect' section?

What I'd recommend trying is a reboot of your WiFi router, by disconnecting it from power for two minutes. This can help clear any connection issues you may be experiencing when trying to play music.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

I've had the same exact issue for years. I've have multiple pairs of Soundsport Wireless and now a pair of 700s and find myself with the same problem. Out of the blue, when playing music from Spotify on my iOS device, the music stops playing out of the headphones but continues to show its connected to my headphones and progressing the song on my phone. Multiple restarts, resets, firmware updates, etc. with no luck. Only way to get it to start again is quit Spotify on my phone and play from computer (which I don't always have). Or find another streaming service to get it to play again and wait a little to switch. Makes absolutely no sense.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Thanks Sam_F for responding.  Actually the problem is with Spotify on both the Bose app and the Spotify app “connect” feature.  And voice assistance too.  But interestingly NOT a problem using Airplay.  Same Spotify playlist will hang or stall when going through Bose or Spotify connect.  But immediately afterward that same playlist works fine using Airplay, which means the Spotify app is technically playing locally to my iOS device

I have reset the Wifi routers (plural since I have tried my own Atlantic Broadband account here in MD as well as my girlfriend’s Xfinity account in VA) as well as factory reset my speakers.  Also deleted and reinstalled the Spotify profile in my Bose music app.  And much else.

clearly, by process of elimination, the issue has to be something regarding how the Spotify service is “talkIng to” My Bose speakers’ software or firmware.  Directly.  Because as I said, Airplay is not a problem.  And again Amazon, TuneIn, Pandora etc all work fine.

Highlighted

Thanks for updating us on this JEH1954, 

I appreciate all of the steps you have attempted so far. Can you please let us know if the issue happens across all devices or just with the one mobile device you have used? 

I would also recommend that you ensure that you don't have any kind of Wi-Fi assist enabled on your device as this can cause issues with the connection. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with more information. 

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Across all devices (portable home speaker, home speaker 300 and home speaker 500). No Wifi assist.

And as I said before, with more than one ISP.  And not with other music services.  Just Spotify.

thank you very much for your interest in helping me solve this conundrum.  Otherwise, all devices are first rate and perform in an exemplary fashion.

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming this.

Have you ensured that your SoundTouch and Bose Music app is up to date?

I would also suggest in ensuring that your products are also up to date with the latest Firmware. If you select this link and follow towards your products you will find manual update instructions fo...

Do let us know how you get on.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Thank you for weighing in.  Bose Music app is up to date. I do not own Soundtouch products. Only Home Speaker products.  That was another user describing his/her “exact same” issues with his/her SoundTouch product and Spotify.

There is a long thread here detailing my extensive troubleshooting efforts and results.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

Any updates?

I’m having the same issue

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Done everything you suggested and more.  Different speakers, different source devices, different networks.  Reset everything multiple times.  No problems in Bose Music app with Amazon, Pandora, TuneIn.  No problems with (iOS) AirPlay.  No problems with bluetooth.  Only Spotify on Bose is a problem whether in Bose Music app or Spotify Connect.   Constantly cr*ps out. Spotify not on Bose is OK.