Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2019

Spotify to bose home speaker 500

When I'm trying to connect my bose home speaker 500 to spotify account it always says "Couldn't add spotify" "Your Bose Home speaker supports spotify premium accounts" ..I don't understand, if it supports premium accounts why I can't log in?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Spotify to bose home speaker 500

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Charlotte_G

Hi Yel,

Welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing issues connecting your Spotify account to the Bose Music application but I'd love to help.

To confirm, do you have a Spotify Premium account? At this time only Spotify Premium accounts are supported. If you have a family Spotify subscription, ensure that the correct user is being added to the Bose Music application. Additionally, ensure that the correct password is being used. It is important to confirm your login username and password credentials as some users may use their Facebook accounts to create their Spotify accounts.

If you do have a Spotify Premium account, it may be beneficial to perform a reset on the application by closing it and launching again, then attempting setup again with the service. If the issue persists, attempt resetting both your internet router and Home Speaker 500 by disconnecting both systems from power for 60 seconds. Reconnect the router back to power, and allow to fully boot. Following this, reconnect the Home Speaker 500 to power and test adding the service again. 

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Charlotte_G

Hi Yel,

Welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing issues connecting your Spotify account to the Bose Music application but I'd love to help.

To confirm, do you have a Spotify Premium account? At this time only Spotify Premium accounts are supported. If you have a family Spotify subscription, ensure that the correct user is being added to the Bose Music application. Additionally, ensure that the correct password is being used. It is important to confirm your login username and password credentials as some users may use their Facebook accounts to create their Spotify accounts.

If you do have a Spotify Premium account, it may be beneficial to perform a reset on the application by closing it and launching again, then attempting setup again with the service. If the issue persists, attempt resetting both your internet router and Home Speaker 500 by disconnecting both systems from power for 60 seconds. Reconnect the router back to power, and allow to fully boot. Following this, reconnect the Home Speaker 500 to power and test adding the service again. 

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 17, 2017

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 17, 2017

Hi Andy,

I have a Spotify Premium account, and performed a reset on the application by closing it and launching again, then attempting setup again with the service. I also reset both my internet router and Home Speaker 500 by disconnecting both systems from power for 60 seconds. Reconnect the router back to power, and allow to fully boot. Following this, reconnect the Home Speaker 500 to power and test adding the service again. However, my Spotify Premium account doesn't show up in the Bose Music app, hence I am unable to authorise my account with Spotify.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2019

@Albert Toh wrote: MyPrepaidCenter

Hi Andy,

I have a Spotify Premium account, and performed a reset on the application by closing it and launching again, then attempting setup again with the service. I also reset both my internet router and Home Speaker 500 by disconnecting both systems from power for 60 seconds. Reconnect the router back to power, and allow to fully boot. Following this, reconnect the Home Speaker 500 to power and test adding the service again. However, my Spotify Premium account doesn't show up in the Bose Music app, hence I am unable to authorise my account with Spotify.

If you have a family Spotify subscription, ensure that the correct user is being added to the Bose Music application. Additionally, ensure that the correct password is being used. It is important to confirm your login username and password credentials as some users may use their Facebook accounts to create their Spotify accounts.

Highlighted

Hi Albert Toh, 

Thank you for your post and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear that you seem to be having some issues with Spotify, I'll be more than happy to assist you! 

Can you tell me where you are located? 

Have you always had this issue?

Does it show up at all in your available music services?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 17, 2017

Hi Jessie

To answer your query, I am in Singapore.

I have good news, and a request to make.

The good news is that I was finally able to authorize my Spotify Premium account with the Bose Music app, but only after I got a sighted friend to click on the "Authorize My Favourites" icon without Apple's VoiceOver running in the background. Following that, I could complete the entire process of linking my Spotify Premium account on the Bose Music app using VoiceOver to do so.

As I have requested several times, and I am appealing to your app developers once again, please make your apps, be it the Bose Music app, the SoundTouch app or the Bose Connect app, accessible to those of us who are blind or print handicapped, as we are unable to see what's on the screen and depend on VoiceOver to read it out for us.

However, to be fair, I must say that other than the few glitches I have encountered on the Bose Music App, these two apps (The Bose Music app and the Bose Connect app) are reasonably accessible to me. The biggest issue I have is with the SoundTouch app. The SoundTouch app has become totally inaccessible to me. I used to be able to search for stations, adjust settings, etc, among other things with earlier versions of the SoundTouch app. However, from about versions starting from about year 2018, I was no longer able to use the app.

Please, please, please make your apps on both the Windows, Mac and iOs platforms accessible to the disabled community, and I am sure it will speak volumes to your pledge to be fully committed to accessibility for all.

Highlighted

Hi Albert Toh, 

Thank you for coming back to me! 

I'm so glad to hear that you are up and running! 

I'm sorry to hear that the issue was due to our incorporation with VoiceOver. I have marked your post as a feedback request so the development team can see this. 

Thank you for your feedback! If there is anything else you need, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O