Highlighted
BrianJP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

Static

Given the number of people who are experiencing static noise etc since the recent firmware upgrade why dont Bose roll back to the previous version immediately until they can resolve the issue.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Static

Hi BrianJP, 

Thank you for your post. 

The development team is currently working to issue a fix for this and this will be released as soon as possible. I cannot confirm why a rollback hasn't been issued. I assume a rollback has not been issued as the issue may be resolved shortly, and the latest firmware brought new features such as Google Assistant in some territories which would no longer be available if rolled back.

I thank you for your patience.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Rt_G
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 28, 2019

Hello,

I am having the static/crackling issues with my new Soundbar 700 with Sub Woofer. Can you advise as to whether it is safe continue using the equipment as is or should I discontinue use until a fix can be applied ? I am worried about damage to the units with the static/crackling noise.

Thanks in advance.

Rt

Hello Rt_G

Thanks for posting in the community, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing static with your Soundbar 700. There is absolutely nothing to worry about, the speaker will not be damaged by continuing your regular use with the static. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else please get in touch.

Have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C