Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2020

Stuttering sound when Bose Homespeaker 500 is set at high bass setting from the bose app

There is a bad continuous stutter with my homespeaker 500 when the bass setting is more than 20 with volume at 60 percent or more. The sound is so bad that I am forced to reduce the bass to 0. And yes I have tried to increase treble for compensation of bass but that has not worked too. Didnt expect this from a Bose product. Please look into this advice. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Stuttering sound when Bose Homespeaker 500 is set at high bass setting from the bose app

Hey Sailesh1999,

That doesn't sound quite right. On what type of surface do you have your Home Speaker 500 placed? Also, what audio are you listening to through your speaker - WiFi, Bluetooth or AUX?

Have you tried power cycling the speaker by unplugging it from the power for two minutes?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2020

Re: Stuttering sound when Bose Homespeaker 500 is set at high bass setting from the bose app

Thank you for replying 

No matter what surface the speaker is been placed the sound is always there when bass is turned up using the Bose app. I switch off the speaker when not in use, so power supply is not always on. And does bose have international warranty?

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming this information. Could you please also let us know the source you are using and whether this is consistent with other sources?

Yes, we do have an international warranty.

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2020

I have tried playing music using different devices and I still get the same stuttering sound. More the bass more the stuttering sound. It is like some metal part is hitting the woofer while vibrating. Tried it on different surfaces too, (even while lifting it in air) but the sound pertains. I connect it only using bluetooth. Please advice on what to do

Highlighted

Hi Sailesh1999, 

Thank you for your post! 

At this point, I would recommend reaching out to our team by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to assist you! 

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out again! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 16, 2020

Extreme Bass stuttering issues on 500 home speaker,

Hey,

The speaker was working fine earlier with increased bass but suddenly its giving out stuttering sounds, even when the bass is at zero it sounds highly unpleasant. and unable to contact the service center.