ckaye
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Sudden Spotify error

This is the second time posting this today, my first post must have disappeared into the abyss.

I had to change my spotify password, and now I can no longer use it in the Bose Music app with my soundbar 700. In the spotify section of the bose app, it says to update my credentials. So I click that link, put in the new password, accept the access permissions, and it takes me back to the bose music app. But spotify still doesn't work, it just has the link to update my account. Tried restarting the phone, nothing. Having this problem on two phones.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Sudden Spotify error

Hello ckaye, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with Spotify. 

Can you kindly confirm the following to give us a better understanding of the issue? 

- What is the make/model of your two smartphones? 

- Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Bose Music app?

- Have you tried to fully remove the Spotify service from the app and tried adding it back in? 

- Is there anything else you have attempted to troubleshoot the issue that may be worth noting? 

I'll look forward to your reply. 

If anyone else is having similar issues, do feel free to join the discussion!

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
ckaye
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

• They're LG Tribute Empires, cheapo phones but likely irrelevant considering they both run android and the app was working until I had to change my Spotify password.
  • Have not tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Bose app, was hoping someone might have an easy fix for this; I can't be the first person this has happened to.
  • Wasn't aware that I could just remove the Spotify service from the app, maybe I'll try that first.
  • No other troubleshooting attempts by me.
Highlighted

Hi ckaye, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Yes, it is unlikely to be due to the phone, as you mentioned, they worked fine before you had to change the password. 

To clarify, you can fully remove your Spotify account, you cannot completely remove Spotify from being an available service on the app. Apologies if this was not clear in my earlier post. I would recommend trying this first before uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. You will not have to re-add the speakers once you have re-downloaded the app as the speakers will still be stored in the account. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
ckaye
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

OK, will try both and report back.

Highlighted
ckaye
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

I deleted Spotify from the Bose app profile, then added it back in, and it fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help.