Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

Surround Speaker - no test sound during adaptiq run

Hello Bose Community,

I just bought the Surround Speaker (the smaller ones) to extend my Bose Soundbar 700.

I connected everything, cable etc. according to the manual. Pairing with Soundbar 700 was successfully done, LED on the Surround Speaker receiver units is white. Bose Muic App shows the new accessory speakers.

Now my issue is, I get no sound of the rear speakers. Even when just running ADAPTIQ calibration sounds only comes out of the Soundbar itself. Additionally, ADAPTIQ visualization in the Bose Music App shows front activity only. I removed the rear accessory speaker, reconnected them and so on.

Where might be my mistake?

Thank you very much in advance for any suggestions.

Best Regards

Steffen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

Re: Surround Speaker - no test sound during adaptiq run

Author Accepted Answer selected by Steffen-San

Hello Keith,

thank you I followed your suggestions and brought both receivers really close to the soundbar.

At first, still the same behavior, but then I realized my really stupid mistake.

I had both receiver's hardware switches set to RIGHT. I was checking that setting three times last night but I was obviously to tired...

So now everything works and I'm enjoying and discovering the new sound experience.

Let me summarize the symptoms again for other customers who may do the same mistake:

- Surround Speaker connect successfully in Bose Music App

- However, immediately after paring the Surround Speaker NO jingle is played (will be the case in 'good case')

- LED on receiver modules turns white (indicating successful pairing)

- No sound at all from the Surround Speaker on any source (only very low white-noise indicating electrical connection is fine)

- ADAPTIQ is not playing test tone nor visualizing output from rear speaker Bose Music App (both will be the case when in 'good case')

Thank you very much for your systematical support approach!

Best Regards

Steffen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hi Steffen-San,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are not getting audio from your new Surround Speakers and I would be happy to help with this.

It sounds like you have done some great troubleshooting already, so thank you for doing that and letting us know. Checking the speakers with Adaptiq, and removing and re-adding the speakers are both great starting points for this.

We do have a handy guide available with troubleshooting steps you can try if this happens HERE. I would recommend starting with these steps to get this resolved.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

Hello Keith,

thanks a lot for the prompt reply.

I went through all steps from this guideline without success.

From Bose Music App everything looks good. Only thing that puzzles me is that adaptiq does not seem to involve the rear speaker in the calibration routine, neither I get any test sound nor from the visualization it looks like rear speaker are considered.

When I go really close to the rear speaker I can also hear some white noise. So I'm quite sure cabeling is correct too.

Sadly, looks like a factory reset is my last resort at this point.

Regards

Highlighted

Hi Steffen-San,

Thank you for the update.

Before performing the factory reset, it is definitely worth investigating whether you might be getting any wireless interference first. To do this I would recommend starting by moving the receivers for the rear speakers closer to the soundbar and if you have any other wireless devices nearby, turning those off while you test.

If you can get audio from the Surround Speakers in these conditions, then you can try moving them back to the original location. If you don't get audio in the original location, then it would suggest something is stopping the signal from reaching that particular location. If you do, then you know it is one of the wireless devices that has been disconnected that was causing the issue.

If you do not get any audio when closer to the soundbar, with possible sources of wireless interference removed, then the factory reset would be the next thing to try. To do that you would want to remove the soundbar from your account, under the account settings > device management. Then pressing and holding the 'power' and 'skip forward' buttons together for 5 seconds. The soundbar will then reboot for you.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by Steffen-San

Hello Keith,

thank you I followed your suggestions and brought both receivers really close to the soundbar.

At first, still the same behavior, but then I realized my really stupid mistake.

I had both receiver's hardware switches set to RIGHT. I was checking that setting three times last night but I was obviously to tired...

So now everything works and I'm enjoying and discovering the new sound experience.

Let me summarize the symptoms again for other customers who may do the same mistake:

- Surround Speaker connect successfully in Bose Music App

- However, immediately after paring the Surround Speaker NO jingle is played (will be the case in 'good case')

- LED on receiver modules turns white (indicating successful pairing)

- No sound at all from the Surround Speaker on any source (only very low white-noise indicating electrical connection is fine)

- ADAPTIQ is not playing test tone nor visualizing output from rear speaker Bose Music App (both will be the case when in 'good case')

Thank you very much for your systematical support approach!

Best Regards

Steffen

View solution in original post