Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 22, 2019

Re: Surround Speakers 700 not loud enough

I am having the exact same issue. Using the SB700 and getting little to no sound from the surround sound speakers. Subwoofer works fine. They are turned up to 100 with the app. All TV/AppleTV settings are correct. Have also done the reboot/reset.

when I connect directly via Bluetooth with my iPhone and play music, still the same result.

Speakers are essentially useless right now. Very frustrated.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

Same issue!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 27, 2019

Same here.... weird thing for me however is when I stream audio, Youtube, Netflix or anything else via Bluetooth with my iPhone or MacBook the system works perfectly fine, the surround sound is phenomenal. But anything coming through my TV will produce extremely light surround. I tried everything.... So desperate that I'm thinking of just plugging my MacBook to my TV and stream the audio through Bluetooth in order to get the sound I want. Very sad I know....

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

I have the same problem. When streaming from my Iphone, both soundbar, and Base unit booming, when watching a movie, the soundbar works but not as well, and the base unit is almost non-existent. If you figure out a fix, please let me know. 

Thanks!

Tony

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 15, 2019

I have the same Issue.

Most sound comes from the soundbar. The rear speakers are nearly useless. When watching 5.1 dolpy formats, the rear speakers are very silent compared to the soundbar. When the rear speakers are 2 meters far away, you loose the effect totally.

I have to put the speakers directly behind the seats so that i have at least a bit of surround feeling.

I am so annoyed that I did not buy a sono system.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

I replaced a pair of Bose Acoustimass wall speakers with a pair of the “700 model” surround speakers. Very disappointed that the volume is unacceptably and dismally pitiful. I figure they must be only for accent or fill. I am definitely running 5.1, and the SB700 is by far the loudest component. Did anyone ever get any acceptable response from official sources?

Highlighted

Hello! 

I am so sorry to hear that you are having issues with the volume from your rear speakers. Just to confirm, have you already tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned previously in this thread? A great step to try, as mentioned previously, is a brief power reset followed by rerunning ADAPTiQ. If you have done this, you can also try and adjust the surround volume level within the Bose Music app.

If you receive low volume from the surround speakers only when using the TV source, then the TV may not be set up correctly to output audio. If you let me know the exact settings you have your TV on, and the make/model of your TV, we can look to finding the specific audio settings needed in your case.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

Thank you for the quick reply, Vicky!

Yes, I have repeatedly done the above, however, my configuration does not allow the Adapt IQ test to pass successfully. I’m guessing it is because my surround speakers are located about 12 feet above the floor surface mounted on the wall. They are about 25 feet apart from each other. The sound bar I have mounted on a mantle to the left of both of those speakers, about 6 feet above the floor. I have tried over and over to get the Adapt IQ test to complete and it just will not. So, I just resigned to hoping I could get the system to function like the older Acoustimass Satellite speakers. I have definitely maxed out the surround speakers in the app. I would very much appreciate your continued help in troubleshooting this! Those surround speakers are far too expensive to just be wall decorations!

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! 

It is our advice that the speakers should be placed at the listeners' seated ear height or higher. Your speakers seem to be very high and far apart, which may be why you are having issues. Is there a reason for them being placed like this? 

Also, it would be great to know which error code you see when ADAPTiQ fails? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 22, 2019

Unfortunately this could end this thread. THERE IS NO BOSE SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM. The speakers and/or programing are simply inadequate.

I went into a Bose retailer to explain to them the problem. Get this, they also had the problem. So I asked them why their display setup sounded amazing. He walked me over and showed me an additional component they had bought and installed to amplify the rear speakers. I was floored and pissed. Obviously I did not know this when I went into a different location and bought the system based off how it sounded. Obviously I could never ever get my system to sound like it did at the retail location(s) and this is why. The kid at the store couldn't have been nicer, but was not at any sort of management level where explaining the total BS of the situation would have made any difference at all. Total sham.

At the Bose store, I took pictures of the device so I could order one. So unfortunately I had to buy the same or close to, piece of equipment and install it. The even further downside, is that it will only work with 1 HDMI at a time. So I have it set for my AppleTV device. But if I want it to work with my cable box or Media Player I have to get up and make the switch.

Audio Extractor Converter