Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Surround Speakers 700 not loud enough

@Anecdote thanks for your message. 

What troubleshooting exactly have you attempted so far? As noted earlier within the thread, a few good steps to take are re-running ADAPTiQ.

You note in your first post that you've updated your TV/Apple TV audio settings. What settings have you updated?

You also note that you're still receiving low volume from all sources, including Bluetooth, which sounds unusual. Can you talk to us a little more about the environment that your system is set up - dimensions and set up locations? How are they physically placed and supported within the room - are they on a shelf, mounted to the wall, etc? Where are the wireless receivers located, and what are the status indicators of the LEDs on the adapters? This may be causing issues, and I'd love to get a more comprehensive understanding of your personal setup. 

Your in-store experience sounds very unusual. We'd like to get some additional information about this and the mentioned component. We'll be sending you a private message shortly. Hope to hear from you soon.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 22, 2019

I have run the Bose Adapt IQ multiple times. Power down, power up, all the audio and HDMI settings within the TV and the Apple TV.

i never said it doesn’t work in all sources. The surround works fine on Bluetooth for me(like everyone else). I tried all HDMI sources. Cable box, WDTV Live HUB media player, Apple TV. 

This has NOTHING to do with the location of the speakers or dimensions. They ROCK with Bluetooth. But because you asked, they sit on a windowsill behind our couch directly in front of the sound at and TV.

13’ from the front of the bar.

10’ to the left and right of center.

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 25, 2019

This my way how I solved the pb with a Sounbarr 500 + Sub + Surround speaker.

Adaptiq has nothing to do with the pb (I think, excpet bug ? ) because it 's only using the phone and the sound system.

My system is using the optic cable linked  to the TV.

I have two sources, a connected LG TV from 2017 and an Apple  Tv 4k.

On the LG  TV I forced the optic lync only and I forced also the audio format as Dolby Digital (not auto)

On the Apple TV  on the audio format I forced Dolby Digital 5.1 (not auto) 

And from that point all became great.

So to have a correct render on your bose sound system just FORCE the audio format

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming this for us @Anecdote.

What could be the issue is the TV not outputting the correct audio format causing the sound to not be produced correctly. 

Can you please let us know your TV's make and model, as well as which audio settings you have selected for output audio? As @Toons114 said in his post, the issue was resolved by adjusting the TV's audio format and forcing it to the correct format. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

The old "try turning it off and on" solution worked for me. Thanks.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

I had the same issue with the Surround speakers 500 with Soundbar 700, did you tried to turn off the "Dialog mode", if that one is turned on, surround is less and Soundbar will give more (not what you want in most cases).

If you turned off the Dialog mode, try this video if you can hear the difference 🙂
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VZFpwlXKpg

Dolby Atmos demo in 4k HDR quality. If you want feel real quality of your 4k tv its better to download demo 4k and play it directly on your 4k HDR supported ...
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

Thanks ! The dialogue mode off it’s the best solution.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

Bose music loving friends: the two 700 rear speakers, with WiFi music played via Bose Music app, are impossible to hear unless you press your ear onto the surface. Truly a regretful purchase. But they sure look cool!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Would you be able to explain where/how the audio extractor converter device is set up to enable the surround speakers to function like the Bose store's rear speakers?

It would be worth the added cost for the device to finally get the sound like in the store.

Like the others in this thread, music is streamed perfectly on the surround speakers, but not the TV sound.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

If this is possible I would also like the details on the product and how to install.