Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

Re: Surround Speakers 700 not loud enough

No sound from Bose 700 surround speakers? I had the same issues. This is how I fixed it. From the Bose music app, set your BoseSoundbar 700 to -80 and set your Bose 700 subwoofer to -80. Turn rear Bose 700 speakers to +100.

Be sure to watch movies with 5.1 surround. These Bose 700 surround speakers are meant to give you a more immersive sound. Don't expect ear shattering volume from the rear speakers. They really finish off the 700 system so nice. It's not usually the speakers it's the user in most cases. Now I just got to figure out how to use the remote.Lol.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

Re: Surround Speakers 700 not loud enough

Check out my post in response. to this issue. I had the same issues until I figured it out and I have no Dolby digital 5.1 pass thru on me Sharp tv. I am streaming  with a Tanix TX9 Pro.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Re: Surround Speakers 700 not loud enougH

In reply to Earl.... My tv has the same issue as yours. The adjustments made a difference. Although not perfect , a definite change for the better. 

An hour later, I received the audio extractor device.

The device solved the issue by bypassing my TV and sending the audio directly to the bose soundbar.

For the first time, I had true surround sound with sources that I hadn't before.

To test, I went to YouTube and played the various Dolby clips.

The sound was great compared to the previous tests conducted a few days ago.

Thanks to both Earl and the other poster who suggested the extractor, my soundbar 700 AND the surround speakers are much better.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

Audiophile friends. Thanks for the info and sharing. I am wireless audio only (mostly wifi with Bose Music app). I have no TV or display device involved. The 700 Surround Speakers are barely noticeable, even at increased volume. Since the audio extractor device seems to bypass TV/display, I'm quite sure it will not help in my situation. I wonder if Bose could recommend an amplifier exclusively for the 700 Surround Speakers? Otherwise, they look pretty!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

Try going into the Bose music app and setting your Sound bar to about -70 and your Subwoofer to -70 also rear speakers to +100. Don't forget to Set Alexa or Google to desired levels then use your volume control in device. Hope this helps.