Vmohebbi
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

Surround Speakers 700 not loud enough

Hi ! New owner. I have the SB700 Connectec vía HdMi Arc for 2 months Edith no issues. 

Last night i received my new Surround Speakers 700 and had no problems with the setup (pairing- Adaptiq-etc) but the problem si that the sound that comes out si not that loud enough. ( no distortion o funny sounds) . I put the rear Speakers to 100 on the menú but still I keep finding my self putting my ear next to the speakers to maje sure that theyre working. I hace tried different sources, all the same sounds good but not loud enough for 500 us speakers

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Surround Speakers 700 not loud enough

Hi Vmohebbi, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to hear that the speakers aren't living up to your expectations. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you reset the Soundbar via: 

• Turn the soundbar off
  • Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

As well as testing the Soundbar with other sources to ensure that the source isn't the issue. You may experience this low volume if you are not receiving a 5.1 signal so I would highly recommend that you ensure that you are getting a 5.1 signal. 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Kicker0927
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 11, 2017

I am having the same exact issue. Rear speakers are set to 100, yet the majority of sound comes from Soundbar. I have already set ADAPTIQ and reset Soundbar...no change. 

Hi there @Kicker0927 !

Thanks for reaching out here. Following the steps you have already tried, I would also suggest that you check the audio format that the source of audio is playing from. Please ensure that this is a surround sound (5.1) audio format. If you are confident that this is the format that is playing, I would advise that you re-run the AdaptIQ, but this time run it differently.

If you (temporarily) re-position your surround speakers to be further away, or move further from the surround speakers when running AdaptIQ this will lead the system to calibrate your audio with that in mind, and therefore re-balance the surround speakers to produce louder audio. If you choose to do this, please finish the calibration and have another listen to your system to confirm that you're happy with this, and get back to me!

Likewise, please let me know if you have any questions at all 😁!

Liam W

Vmohebbi
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

With the Adaptiq trick they are working verter now. Not as please with them as with the soundbar 

Raiden
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

@Liam_W  for clarification, I was told that soundbar alone will play 5.1 without the need for surround speakers. While playing movies via Netflix (DD 5.1) or from other sources I DO NOT hear any surround sound at all. The samsung TV in its sound menu shows Dolby Digital/DTS Neo 2.5. Even when I have run adaptIQ for several times I do not hear the surround sound i.e, sound bouncing off the wall other than the time I ran the Adaptiq itself. It seems all sound is coming from the SB700. I own along with the BM700. No complaints about the BM 700. I thought 

The question is, before investing a further $500 for surround 700,  if the SB700 alone can play 5.1 why do I need  the surround speakers? with SB700 & BM700 is this just a 2.1 system? How this is going to change anything MATERAILLY?

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

No, it will play 3.1.  Now, it's possible the other two channels are included in the left and right fronts, IDK.  But, that's certainly not 5.1.  You need to invest in the rear speakers if you want 5.1.

Raiden
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

@Xyz987 thanks. Then what do they mean when they say "the SB700 alone will play 5.1"? I guess my question is when the source is playing 5.1, does the 

the sound for the surrounds come through the bar and it does as much as it can to reporduce? My issue is unlike what I have read elsewhere the SB700 do not produce sounds in places where there are no speakers. 

if you are using surrounds,  does it change the listening experience materially?

ThierryB
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

@Raiden wrote:

@Xyz987 thanks. Then what do they mean when they say "the SB700 alone will play 5.1"? I guess my question is when the source is playing 5.1, does the 

the sound for the surrounds come through the bar and it does as much as it can to reporduce? My issue is unlike what I have read elsewhere the SB700 do not produce sounds in places where there are no speakers. 

if you are using surrounds,  does it change the listening experience materially?

You will hear all channels with the soundbar bar alone.

The bar has 3 channels front, center, rear.

if you play 5 channels with the soundbar, the rear left/right will be mixed with the front left/right by the bar. You won’t lose sound. 

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

You won't lose sound, but it will not be in the correct place.  You need the rear surrounds for a true 5.1 experience.  And yes, the rear surround speakers are worthwhile, IMHO.  Buy them from a place that has an acceptable return policy in case you decide they are not worth it.