Highlighted
schmink58
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Surround speakers 700 volume

Recently purchased 700 soundbar 700 sub and 700 surround speakers. As many have posted it is a little hard to set all this up, however after several hours of updates and forum reading I have success!! Everything works according to Bose and Forum members but these surround speakers are a deal breaker. At $500.00 dollars plus $150.00 for warranty these should perform as well as soundbar and sub. Lacking enough volume is the biggest issue. As all movies are not recorded at same levels of sound, these surround speakers need 3 times the volume allowed by Bose App. I don't want to return the system however I can not justify the cost, for lack of performance. What Bose calls a room filling sound experience, I seem to be missing! Is there an upgrade, patch, or trick to correct this issue? Is there a plan by Bose to correct this? Are should I return this whole  system? (Over $3000.00 invested with 4 year warranty). Please advise.

Update:

So I moved 700 surround speakers from stands to the floor behind sofa. I than ran Adaptiq, which at first could not hear speakers. So I raised them up on shoe boxes and Adaptiq could hear them. Now I put them back on stands and went to my bose app. I turned my center channel down to -10 and 700 sub to zero. With my surround speakers set on +70 and using remote for main volume I started turning system up in volume and WOW my surround speakers have came to life!!!!!!! Adjusting center, bass, and surround are now at my command. All seems fine and I have a quirky feeling I may be happy I bought Bose 700's

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
schmink58
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Re: Surround speakers 700 volume

Author Accepted Answer selected by schmink58

So I moved 700 surround speakers from stands to the floor behind sofa. I than ran Adaptiq, which at first could not hear speakers. So I raised them up on shoe boxes and Adaptiq could hear them. Now I put them back on stands and went to my bose app. I turned my center channel down to -10 and 700 sub to zero. With my surround speakers set on +70 and using remote for main volume I started turning system up in volume and WOW my surround speakers have came to life!!!!!!! Adjusting center, bass, and surround are now at my command. All seems fine and I finally have a quirky feeling I may be happy I bought Bose 700's

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
RAMSHIK
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 12, 2019

Hi, everyone has such a problem, but bose skips ears, you are the 5th buyer who makes such a comment. They release updates once a month or even longer, which does not close the existing problems. Therefore, the solution to this problem can not wait ((((

Highlighted
schmink58
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

That is correct in the part, Can Not Wait!! There are to many other quality companies which are a fraction of the cost. Bose needs to know we are the consumers and we want our purchased product to make all our sound, music movies etc. to sound good, with total control of all speakers. I did not purchase Bose to be told it only sounds good with this or that type of sound track. Or I have to play this type of Dolby Digital Movie. For this cost it needs to make ALL sound outstanding. I have a limited amount of time to return so if there is something to be done it needs to happen now. CAN NOT WAIT.

Highlighted
RAMSHIK
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 12, 2019

This problem is already half a year bose does not fix it, it makes no sense to wait, for a year ARC can not be repaired. 3 years can not add deezer hi fi to their products (it's cool to buy a hifi system and listen to compressed quality in a regular deezer.)

RAMSHIK
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 12, 2019

Not only do the surround 700 cost $ 500 almost like a soundbar, they play very quietly and poorly because they are not optimized for the soundbar, it’s not possible to get 360 sound from them when watching TV normally, even DD 5.1 doesn’t sound very good. I live in Russia, I do not have the opportunity to give them back, so this is the last bose product that I bought. For me, with a salary of $ 1,500 by European standards, this is an expensive purchase and such a disappointment.

Highlighted
schmink58
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by schmink58

So I moved 700 surround speakers from stands to the floor behind sofa. I than ran Adaptiq, which at first could not hear speakers. So I raised them up on shoe boxes and Adaptiq could hear them. Now I put them back on stands and went to my bose app. I turned my center channel down to -10 and 700 sub to zero. With my surround speakers set on +70 and using remote for main volume I started turning system up in volume and WOW my surround speakers have came to life!!!!!!! Adjusting center, bass, and surround are now at my command. All seems fine and I finally have a quirky feeling I may be happy I bought Bose 700's

View solution in original post