Switch input sound on Bose 700 soundbar

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Switch input sound on Bose 700 soundbar

Hello Bose,

How can I change the audio source from bose music to TV  without using the remote. Because of the backlight issue I have decided not to use my bose remote. 
When I am listening to music and want to stop and start watching a movie or just TV,  I am unable to change the source using the music app. Am I just missing something or is this not possible to do within the app. 

25 REPLIES

Re: Switch input sound on Bose 700 soundbar

Hi Mr. Islander

Thanks for posting in the Community!

In order to switch the input on the soundbar to the  TV source you currently have to use a remote to do so.  I can certainly put in a feature request to our development team to see if we can implement something like this in the future.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Friendly Fanatic

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your comment. If you are able to submit a feature request that would be awesome. 
Continuous improvements are always needed in technology 

Audible Advocate

HI - just a little work around for this problem i have found .

If you turn the power off and back on using the app it defaults to TV.

Cheers 

Mike

Quiet Contributor

Thanks! I was having same problem too! Hopefully they get this to solve on Bose app!
Audible Advocate

I named my setup "Bose" and just tell "Alexa, turn off Bose" after listening to music.

Then, I say "Alexa, turn on Bose" and that turns on the SB 700 and my LG OLED TV (connected over HDMI ARC with CEC enabled).  This does the trick, and sets the source to TV. 

I never touch the awful Bose universal remote.

Silent Starter

Is it possible to use the easier to use Soundbar 500 remote on the Soundbar 700? If it is possible, what is the pairing sequence to make it work?
Audible Advocate

Hello,

Just bought the soondbar 700 & SUB. Was hoping for a more user friendly app compared to the soundtouch app ( I have several soundtouch items) but it’s somewhaf disapponting. The input switch should be somewhat basic; like on the soundtouch app you could select inputs. For a brand like Bose the app side is still running behind ; which was one of my reasons to go to the new system due to the various connectivity issues with soundtouch. Should be a quick fix...

Hi Cjnk,

Thanks for the question.

The Soundbar 500 remote is designed to work with the Soundbar 500 only, with the option to purchase the Bose Universal remote that the Soundbar 700 uses. 

This is due to a different chipset in the Soundbar 500 remote that the 700 is not compatible with.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Silent Starter

Definitely need this feature