Switch input sound on Bose 700 soundbar

Audible Advocate

Re: Switch input sound on Bose 700 soundbar

So I paid $2000 dollar so that I have to tell the soundbar to turn itself off and then on for it to default it input source?

Remote control on this day and age is just a backup. Who has they remote in arms reach? No one. Who has there smart phone on them? 99% of the population. Who has Alexa or Google assistant? Most people and it going to be more over time. Guys at Bose, you need to stay updated else you be dated.
Audible Advocate

Hi

Could somebody from Bose please take some time to respond?

I am getting near to the end of the period when I can swap the product or get my money back and I’d like to know if this update is a) possible and b) coming.

It is enough of a glaring omission to make me swap the soundbar for something else.

Thank you.
Noisy Narrator

@TommyAB wrote:
Hi

Could somebody from Bose please take some time to respond?

I am getting near to the end of the period when I can swap the product or get my money back and I’d like to know if this update is a) possible and b) coming.

It is enough of a glaring omission to make me swap the soundbar for something else.

Thank you.

@TommyAB 

You are best to exercise your return option if this change input feature is important to you. I doubt you will get a commitment or timeline on the availability of this feature from Bose. These tech companies are not in the habit of promising future feature updates and guaranteed timelines. 

Hi TommyAB,

Thanks for the post.

There's no time frame for when this would be added to the Bose Music app and Soundbar 700.

If this is a feature that is added, we will announce it on the community.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Noisy Narrator

Wishing and hoping for product improvements or enhancements is not a good way to decide if you should keep or return your device.  If you like the superior sound and can live with any current shortcomings, then keep it.  Otherwise, I would return it within your 30 day return policy.  That's the reason for the 30 day return policy to give customers time to try it out.

I love my Bose Soundtouch 300 with subwoofer and rear surround speakers and never thought for a minute about returning it.

EDIT: Except I did consider for a while upgrading to a Bose Lifestyle 650 but decided against it.

Friendly Fanatic

Hello Bose / all

+1 on this feature request please. It’s a must have.

I recently purchased the Soundbar 700 + 700 Sub and surround speakers.

I’m having issues with CEC on my LG TV also. It turns the soundbar off fine but the TV won’t turn back on anymore ;( you can see it try turn on and then immediately turn itself off again. Isolating this issue to just the Bose700 connected, it still does this.

My work around so far is a setting on the TV to disable power sync, allow the 20 min timer to turn off Bose700 and it will auto-detect HDMI-ARC to turn on.

What would this issue be??

Switching between Bluetooth/radio for playing music and back to TV is impossible without the Bose Remote, which I won’t use.

Thanks in advance!

Hello stupoox,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I will pass your feedback along as well for this feature request.

As for your CEC issue that you're experiencing with your TV, we may need to adjust the CEC settings on the Soundbar 700.

• Open the Bose Music app and select your Soundbar 700
  • Tap the picture of your system in the bottom-right corner
  • Select Settings
  • Scroll down to the "Power" section then select "Advanced CEC"
  • Change it from "On" to "Alternate" and test

Let us know what the results are.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Friendly Fanatic

Hi Joel

Unfortunately, I have tried a combination of On/Alternate (there is no sound from the TV when Off is selected) and had the same results.

I can see and hear the TV try turn on but immediately turn itself off like there is a loop somewhere. I tried unplugging everything except the soundbar and still had the same results. Any other suggestion?

Cheers

-Stu

Hi Stu,

Thanks for testing that for me. 

It sounds like there may be a power sync issue that is happening here.

You can disable this by going to Settings after tapping the system bubble at the bottom-right corner. Then navigate to "Power Sync" and disable this.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Friendly Fanatic

Hi Joel

Thanks for the message, unfortunately, that didn't seem to solve the issue still.

I have the following set,

-LG TV SIMPLINK (CEC) enabled with Power Sync (if that's disabled CEC doesn't turn it on/off at all)

-Bose 700 CEC set to On

-Bose PowerSync disabled

Cheers

-Stu