Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 21, 2018

Re: Switch input sound on Bose 700 soundbar

When my 700 soundbar does not switch audio (Alexia) to TV, I simply push the STANDBY button in the Bose app. Fixes it everytime! Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2019

Will give it a go but this will also turn my TV off?...my Bose remote actually stopped working after only two months of usage and won't re pair even with instructions from the forums.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi All! 

Thanks for the messages and input! I will be happy to provide help.

@Rwboilini

Thank you for your feedback it is always appreciated! 

@Stupoox  

I would recommend that you try these steps.

If you could try performing a full HDMI reset and see if that changes anything regarding the TV issue. 
Please follow these steps:

1. Turn off the Bose system, the source device and the TV.
  2. Unplug the Bose system, the source device and the TV.
  3. Disconnect two HDMI cables at both ends and reseat them ensuring secure connections.
  4. Reconnect the source device, the TV and the Bose system to power.
  5. Turn on the TV and the source device.
  6. Once the TV and source device have finished powering up, turn on the Bose system.

@Joefish 

I would recommend that you try following these steps to get your remote connected

If you power cycle your soundbar first (Turning off your soundbar and unplugging the power cable from the power outlet for 30 seconds, plugging back in) then clear the remote's Bluetooth pairing by holding down the Left navigation button and Volume down for 5 seconds and then going to the Bose Music app, clicking on the soundbar icon in the bottom right, select Settings  and go to universal remote pairing setting to re-connect the remote to the soundbar. 

If you could give this a try and see if it resolves your issue and if you are still having issues please get back in touch.

Kind regards, 
Liam - Community Support

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2019

Hi there,

The steps provided still does not work. What are my options? I think the remote is flauty either software or hardware.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi Joefish, 

I would suggest contacting your local Customer Support Team with regards to your remote control. If their is a fault with this, they maybe able to replace this for you under the warranty. If you select the following link (Contact Us), Select your region and scroll to the bottom to contact us, this will provide you with their contact number.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 5, 2019

Some great work arounds but the app needs to be updated!
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 14, 2017

The App as well as the Alexa Skill and the Logitech Harmony Skill of course! Since the remote is no IR there as no way to teach it to the Harmony - and that’s a real problem there 😞
Besides all those Apps and Skills, isn’t there a way for the Soundbar to recognize that there is Audio from TV coming throu the cable and just switch to that by itself?

Greetings
Andreas
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

Hi Joefish,

I have the same issue where remote stopped working after few months. I tried all the troubleshooting as per community forums but no luck.
Talked to Bose Tech support and they are shipping me a new remote. Need to try once I receive and will update this thread.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 17, 2019

This needs to be done asap. No reason why it shouldn't be an option
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Thank you everyone for your comments.

The forum is regularly reviewed and information is passed over to our development team. If this was to be implemented we will let you know with a sticky post in the forum.

I hope you have a great day

Leon_C