Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2019

Re: Switch input sound on Bose 700 soundbar

Who at Bose approved the feature of switching sound bar inputs to include EVERYTHING BUT THE ACTUAL SOUNDBAR INPUTS!? I just bought and installed the sound bar, sub, speakers, mounts, only to become victim to this horrible design error. I packing this crap up!
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Well it’s actually only the remote control that you can switch inputs on. I made a comment earlier that it seems ridiculous that you can’t change inputs on the actual Bose app itself. I mean the app tells you what input it’s currently using. What good is that if you can’t just click on it and change inputs? I don’t use the remote for anything so I’d have to pull it out for one little basic function.  It’s not so much an issue for me because I listen to all my music through the TV via the Plex app but I can see were it would be a huge pain in the ass if I was using Bluetooth and wanted to switch back to TV. 

Highlighted

Hi Mrjmwalker and Itsjustmeee. 

Thank you for your posts and feedback. I will pass your suggestions onto our engineering team. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

@Hector_B wrote:

Hi Mrjmwalker and Itsjustmeee. 

Thank you for your posts and feedback. I will pass your suggestions onto our engineering team. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Many thanks Hector, any update would also be appreciated.

It may also be a good idea to pass on/update any product management team.

Cheers

-Stu

Highlighted

Hi Stupoox, 

Thanks for your post! I currently don't have any update on the situation but as soon as I do I will update the community. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2019

I use my soundbar to play audio from my tv only, but sometimes I accidentally cast Spotify to my soundbar via my phone. When this happens is there any way to switch back to tv audio (HDMI arc) without using the remote? I feel like I’ve tried everything and the only way to consistently fix it is to unplug the soundbar and plug it back in. Please tell me there’s a software update coming soon!!!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 25, 2019

I’m not holding my breath. Sonos have nailed it. Bose haven’t.
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 14, 2017

I use the workaround to switch back to TV input quite often. Open the App, select the Soundbar, switch it to standby and then back on. This sets it back to TV input.
No need to physically unplug it.
For me the Sonos was never an option as the design of the soundbar would ruin my living room 😂🤷🏻‍♂️
Still, it’s really a dumb missing feature in the app and btw. also missing in the Amazon Skill or the Harmony Remote.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2019

Hello all!

Do you have any news about this matter?

What are the developers doing?

Thank you,

Vlad

Highlighted

Hello Vsterian, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community. 

At this moment in time, I have not got any updates on this feature request. 

We will update the Community as soon as we know more. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W