Highlighted
stupoox
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Re: Switch input sound on Bose 700 soundbar

Ho GrabDan

Yes the source switching thing is so simple and annoying Bose can’t get around to doing, which is very bizarre at the slightest.

I have an LG OLED tv which does work fine with CEC/ARC over HDMI with volume control from TV remote and can pair the Bose Universal Remote fine also.

I’ll look to post my TV settings for you later to check.

Mines a OLED55B7V model
Highlighted
Itsjustmeee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

The problem is that Bose assumes that their remote will be used and replace whatever remote we have now. For me, the Bose remote is usless. I have the Xfinity X1 cable box (as I'm sure a LOT of people also have), and the Bose remote doesn't recognize it. I've tried everything to get it to work with no results. And besides, the X1 remote has voice search which works amazingly and can only be implemented with their own remote ... which is the main reason I haven't gotten a Harmony remote. We should be able to use Alexa, the Bose app to change the input. And, the soundbar should be able to go back to the default input after bluetooth streaming stops. 

Highlighted
stupoox
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

@GrabDan wrote:

I got a full Soundbar 700 setup for a few months already. Great Sound, easy link. I have 2 main complaints:

One of which is what this community thread has been asking. The ability to use the phone app to switch sources. Would be nice if a revamped Bose App comes with a "Virtual Bose Remote" user interface. The way volume control is done now is quite rough in the edges.

Secondly, I have a LG OLED TV. I would say it's fairly new like a year ago. How shock was I when I reaslied my seemingly Universal Bose Remote couldnt sync to it. It just doesnt do anything on the nuttons even after I tried to add it in. I did it with a 6 year old Samsung TV and it works decently. My nice Bose Remote is now used only for 3 things : Power, Switching Input Sources and Volume Control. Kind of felt sad. 

Very puzzling.

Hi GrabDan

The settings I have on my LG TV are as follows,

Sound Out - Optical/HDMI ARC (Digital Sound Out: Auto / SIMPLINK: On)

DTV Audio Setting: Auto

AV Sync Adjustment: Off

General -> SIMPLINK: Auto Power Sync: On

Settings in Bose App

Power Sync: Off

Advanced CEC: On

The only thing is, the TV will turn off based on the Bose 700 soundbar auto-standby which is either 20 mins or never

Hope that helps

Highlighted
Gm79
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Hello Bose,

I have a Samsung Q900 2019 TV and Bose Soundbar 700 and I am very disapointed to see how limited the Alexa functionality is between the 2 devices. Could you please shed some light on the following for me;

1. When using voice prompts to enable music playback via Amazon/ Itunes ETC and wanting to switch back to TV, the only way to do so is by truning the sound bar on & off manually (not even using voice prompt) This is the MOST annoying problem

2. I have added the TV to Alexa via SmartThings Skill however the function is still limited to on/off and volume up/down - I am not able to switch source, Change channels or launch apps - Is this something I am doing wrong or are these functions not yet available and if so how can we be notified when this functionality become available?

Thankyou in advance 

Highlighted
Itsjustmeee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Just one of the many little things Bose can do to actually make the user experience much more enjoyable.

It seems crazy that I can't change inputs on the app. 

And the Soundbar 700 doesn't switch back to it's default (in my case Sony tv) input after using Bluetooth. 

Or that we can't adjust the amount of time the light stays on on the remote. 

Or that we can't adjust the volume of Alexa so that it doesn't come booming out.

Or that we can't add Bose to existing Amazon Echo speaker groups.

Or that we can't turn the Alexa mic on and off from the app.  

Highlighted
Arian
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 20, 2019

The most incredible thing is that, after many and many post about no input switch problem, nobody seems to be interest about the issue.

Really incredibile...if i want to switch back to tv input i have to switch off my tv (lg oled) and sb...bah!

Highlighted
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Actually, we don't know if Bose is interested in this issue or not.  They may have 10 people working on it.  Or, it may be way down on a long list of "to-do" items.  At least switching the TV off solves the problem and also works for me with an LG C7 OLED.

stupoox
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

I bloody hope so! 

I don't know why it wouldn't just default to TV as audio source when it's detected ...

My SB700 and kit with the TV really gets itself confused, with power syncing etc whenever any other source has been used before it.

Sometimes the TV powers itself straight back off again and/or the soundbar doesn't play sound from the TV at all and need to on/off them both a couple of times.

I've caught the TV defaulting to its local speakers on a few times the SB700 just doesn't do its job!

Simple improvements REALLY letting down this kit, which isn't cheap!!

Bose, please get on with some work 🙂

Cheers

-Stu

Highlighted
Itsjustmeee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Unfortunately this thread is 9 months old now so they've been sitting on this simple yet obvious flaw in their app for quite some time. Get your game together Bose.

Highlighted
vsterian
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

May 20, 2019

Hello,

To all moderators and Bose employees : Please give us a feedback ! We've payd a lot of money for this toy and we have no answer from you guys!

Thank you,

Vlad