mrjmwalker
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 31, 2019

Re: Switch input sound on Bose 700 soundbar

Why is Samsung involved at all.  The issue is with the Bose sound bar product.

fanbosenomo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 5, 2019

Agreed to both last comments. 

I'm very frustrated with the remote so I don't even use it. I tried asking alexa to change inputs, not hopping for much and purely  out of frustration, to my suprise it worked.  

I hope bose get their s**t together and start releasing quality, fully working gear, not half baked pieces... 

BPPPP
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Great Hardware. Just Awful Software. Remote is only way to switch 700 input mode to TV?

Bose is just shooting themselves in the foot with industry-worst software/apps.  In the Bose Music app, you can switch the 700 to Bluetooth or Spotify, but you can't switch it back to TV mode.  There's still no Alexa skill to change the 700 input mode.  So the one and only way to change the 700 to TV audio is by pressing the TV button on the remote.  That's the remote, mind you, that frequently unpairs and can be lost at any time.

How did nobody on the app team stop and say, "Huh, we're lettting people switch the input mode away from TV, maybe we should give them a way to switch it back?"  Don't even get me started on Alexa controlling the soundbar.  That should go down in the half-baked-ideas hall of fame.

It's so disappointing because Bose hardware is still top-top-of-the-line but their software is miles behind their competitors.  Their products sound great but are really frustrating to use.

colinchuang
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 9, 2015

Seems like a simple thing that should just work with the handshake with the TV. For example, I have a Sonos Beam in one of my rooms...if I'm playing music to it, as soon as you turn the TV on the ARC triggers that the input should be the TV, coz it makes sense as you wouldnt want to watch the TV and have music playing through at the same time. It should be easy enough for this feature to be added. I went and chatted to someone at Bose the other day about the whole connectivity of this and, desipte its awesome sound, the use of the Bose remote to have to swtich between things manually is annoying...and they didn't really know how AirPlay worked on it. Seems like a lot of bugs to work out still. If they can sort that out, I may decide to go back to this bar because the sound is amazing, but the user experience is lacking. 

JSL
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

Soooo we actually going to get this feature?  Pretty sure it can't be hard.. 

Trafford
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

I am thinking of buying a Bose 700 sound bar but am very worried about switch my 4 inputs I have on the sony tv to the Bose 700 into one of the HDMI sockets

I have direct connections from the sky box HD plus,the DVD player,the Apple TV and an old video recorder that has been converted to HDMI.

I have my sky box on HDMI 3 the ARC return channel that I have been told to plug the other end into the Bose HDMI ARC with a HDMI cable

The question is how do I switch the other inputs into the Bose sound bar,and what happens to the HDMI cable that goes to the sky box direct ,does this go into the Bose first,as with this I will only have access to the sky box through the 700.

i am very familiar in wiring complex systems but not sure how to switch multi inputs into the Bose 700 sound bar

thanks

Trafford

Arian
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 20, 2019

If you connect all your peripherals to your tv, and the bose to arc hdmi you wont have any problem to switch...every sound will exit from tv, so will exit from bose.

The switch problem  is when you play music from amazon, tune in, etc, and then you want to switch back to bose/tv...

Hi Trafford, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! 

@Arian is correct here is stating that if you connect all of your sources to the TV and then the Soundbar 700 to the TV via HDMI ARC you won't have any issues when switching sources. if you do run into any issues with this then please do let us know and thank you Arian for your contribution to this thread 😊

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Arian
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 20, 2019

Tanx...the fact remains that the switch between alexa input and tv one....this is a really big (bug) problem if you want listeen music (example) and  switch again to tv...

sorry but bose has to listen the customers problem...

Highlighted
BPPPP
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Arian is 100% correct.  If you switch the bar to bluetooth/audio mode (either with the remote or the Bose Music app) the ONLY way to switch it back to TV mode is with the remote.  It will NOT automatically switch back to TV when you turn the TV on