Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

Re: Switch input sound on Bose 700 soundbar

I don't think that standard is an issue to the fix. Bose can simply update the app and soundbar firmware to let it automatically change the input with the priority set in the app. They just can create a new option in the app to let user select the priority of input source.

For example, if a user set TV input as priority (I guess most of users would select this), the soundbar can change the input to TV automatically whenever there is audio signal coming from HDMI. If there is no audio signal coming from HDMI, the soundbar can stay at the latest input source.

However, I'd still want to have Google Assistant be able to change the input source via voice control.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Not sure if it fits into this thread, but am I the only one who is annoyed when I need to adapt the sound settings after changing from TV to music or back?

I guess many many users have different sound setting preferences when listening to music or watching movies. E.g. I use +30 bass for music and +70 for movies. Also the level for the surround speakers is different.

Every time I switch the source, I need to adapt the settings in the app which is far away from how a "smart speaker" should work.

@bose: This small thing could improve user experience much more than many other recent changes in the firmware or app. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 2, 2020

Have this issue solved or still pending ... it irritates a lot to use remote just to switch the input from music to tv 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 20, 2019

Pending...and you’re very lucky if you can switch the inputs by remote. On my tv doesn't work

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

lol nooooo it's not fixed.. 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

It works fine with me using Alexa. “Alexa, set Bose input to Bluetooth” and “Alexa, set Bose input to tv”.  And also the ever popular “Alexa, mute Bose” when the 6 minutes of commercials come on. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 2, 2020

Thankx a lotttt .. it works perfectly .. now practically once set up .. no need of remote again 👍👍 once again thankx

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2020

Hi Bose,
Any updates around the ability to use the Bose Music app to switch source, rather than having to use the remote control?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 8, 2020

Hello, any progress with the app so that TV source can be changed without the remote? This is for soundbar 300

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

Any word on switching inputs with Google like Alexa?

Or implementing inputs into the app? 

I just spent big dollars on this setup and its seems crazy this isn't a feature