Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

Switch input sound on Bose Home 500 by google assistant or alexa

I have purchased , BOSE HOME 500.

It has alexa and google assistant support.

I have Connected Bose Home 500 aux port to my tv. Also play music via bluetooth.

Every time we switch on tv , we have to touch aux button of 500 else change in mobile app.

If input sound mode can be changed by any voice command that would be great. Like when I say alexa or hey google , set volume to 5, it does. 

This feature is very much required else this speaker would not be considered as smart speaker .

Please help

Thanks

Prashanta

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Switch input sound on Bose Home 500 by google assistant or alexa

Hey Prashanta,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for joining us!

It's currently not possible to use the voice assistant to change between sources like Bluetooth and AUX on the Home Speaker 500, so it isn't something you would be able to do. 

I'll pass your feedback about this on to our development team for consideration, however, as I'm sure this something that other users would be interested in as well! I can't say for certain whether this is a feature that will be possible to add, but I'll make sure the team knows this is something you would be interested in.

Please let us know if you have any other feedback or feature suggestions as we'd love to hear them!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

Re: Switch input sound on Bose Home 500 by google assistant or alexa

Thank you ! I think this should be simple change from bose by adding one alexa skill to operate settings by command as it is already increasing volume by voice command. Similarly for google too. Adding skill by developer should not take much time.

I use to also create skills. But this is something bose developer need to do or take help from amazon alexa skill building team.

Hoping to hear from u soon

Thanks

Prashanta