Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The Moog
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2021

Switching between Bluetooth inputs on the Bose Portable Smart Speaker

I have just bought a Bose Portable Smart Speaker, and can't seem to find how I can easily switch between Bluetooth sources.

I have two phones paired with it, and have to either be connected to the wifi and go into the app to switch between them, or mess around turning bluetooth off on one, and then going into the bluetooth menu to manually re-connecting on the other. I had assumed that pressing the bluetooth button might allow you to cycle the in-range paired sources quickly and easily, but this just announces the currently connected source. How can I select which bluetooth source I want to play from the speaker itself?

Firmware Version 7.0.11

App Version 4.4.4

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? all

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

3 REPLIES 3
Liam_G

Re: Switching between Bluetooth inputs on the Bose Portable Smart Speaker

Hello The Moog and welcome to the Community! I am glad to hear that you have purchased the Portable Smart Speaker. I will be happy to help you. 

The best way to switch between Bluetooth devices is to turn off the Bluetooth on the device that is connected to the speaker, then turn on Bluetooth on the device you want to connect and use next. 

If you have any questions or need any further help, let me know! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
The Moog
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2021

Hi Liam_G, thanks for the response.

That is what I have been doing, I just wondered if there was a way to switch between bluetooth sources without having to switch it on and off on multiple phones, or if you could do this on the speaker itself. I thought that pressing the bluetooth button on the speaker might be able to cycle between paired sources, but all it seems to do is announce the source you are already connected to.

Jeff_G

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Pressing the Bluetooth button will cycle between previously paired devices. A single press will state the name of the device you're currently paired with, an additional press will state the next product that was paired and so on.

If the name is not announced, the product is not in the speaker's memory. To pair, hold the Bluetooth button for around 5 seconds or until the status led turns blue. From there, on the device you wish to pair, navigate to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the speaker. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!