Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 15, 2020

Sync Issues with the Portable Home Speaker

Bose Portable Home Speaker in Malaysia

Does anybody experience sync issues? I realized the speaker usually face sync issues with my Macbook Pro (Early 2015). 

Not sure if it's a Bluetooth issue or a computer. It syncs perfectly sometimes. But most of the time, it's obvious when there's a delay. It's noticable with the relevant video platforms:

- Amazom Prime Video

- Netflix

- YouTube

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Sync Issues with the Portable Home Speaker

Hello Wtws, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

It is normal to experience a little delay over Bluetooth. This is due to internal processing speeds, especially when watching videos over WiFi. How are you connected to the speaker, have you tried using Airplay at all? 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Same problem. About 0.2 or 0.3 second delay when playing Youtube in my laptop and connected to Portable Home Speaker via Bluetooth (I mean video-audio sync problem).

I could take a process to broadcast bluetooth. But I have tested 2 others blootooth speakers and did no have this problem.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 19, 2020

If Bose knows it's selling a speaker with a large sound delay, why isn't there fair warning to us all. I spent too much time in acquiring, setting up and trying to fix this issue. My whole day is wasted on your product which I will be returning immediately. Only speaker I've owned with this much lag between video and sound. Rip off.