Tonycat14
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2021

Sync home speaker 300 to soundlink ii

I recently purchased the bose soundlink color ii with the intention of making it a second speaker synced to me bose home speaker 300.  However, I can’t seem to link the speakers using either the bose music app (can’t find the soundlink) or the bose connect app (can’t find the 300).

Is this possible?  I thought it would be straightforward.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L

Re: Sync home speaker 300 to soundlink ii

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tonycat14

Thanks for trying that and letting us know Tonycat14.

Just to clarify, when you are trying to connect the two devices, are you trying to add the SoundLink Color II to the Bose Music app, in the same way you connected the soundbar initially? The SoundLink won't be detected if you try this, as it does not connect directly to the app when using SimpleSync, the soundbar will connect to your speaker via Bluetooth directly, the app does not connect to the SoundLink.

To pair your soundbar to the SoundLink speaker you need to follow these steps:

• In the Bose Music app, tap the product image in the lower-right
    Tip: If you have more than one smart speaker, tap the My Bose icon in the upper-left, select a product to group, then tap the product image
  • Tap Group Speakers
  • Choose the speaker(s) to group:
    • To group a single Bluetooth speaker or headset, tap the + next to the Bluetooth product you want to add in the SIMPLESYNC section. As you're connecting a product for the first time, tap Connect a New Product to pair the speakers

This will allow you to play audio through the SoundLink and soundbar at the same time. Any audio you play through the soundbar will also play through the SoundLink speaker too.

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Hector_B

Hey Tonycat14, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! 

You will be able to connect the Home Speaker 300 and SoundLink Color II via our SimpleSync method. You can learn more about this feature here.

We also have a great YouTube video on how this feature works here.

If you have any further questions, please do let us know. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Tonycat14
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2021

Thanks for the reply.  When I try to add a product on the bose music app, it cannot locate the soundlink ii, which is put into discoverable mode.  The app also does not list soundlink among the products that can be synced.  The bose website (link you sent) seems to say otherwise, but in practice, I am unable to sync.  I am hoping I am just missing a step in the process.

Any suggestions?

Hector_B

Sorry to hear this! 

Can you please ensure that your device and Bose Music app are up to date with the latest software. 

We should also check to ensure that the SoundLink II is running the latest software via these steps here. As well as ensuring the HS 300 is running the latest software via these steps here

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this. 

Tonycat14
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2021

Thanks for the update instructions.  Unfortunately the updates did not help me connect the speakers.  I ran the Bose Update app on the Soundlink.  It was already up to date.  The bose music app indicated no updates needed for the 300 home speaker, but I also ran a direct IP update.  Downloaded the zip file, and uploaded to the 300 via direct IP.  It completed an update.  After all that, I tried to connect the devices from both apps (Bose Music and Bose Connect).  Still no luck.

Other suggestions?  I'm inclined to return the soundlink if I cannot actually use it as a linked speaker.

Keith_L

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tonycat14

Thanks for trying that and letting us know Tonycat14.

Just to clarify, when you are trying to connect the two devices, are you trying to add the SoundLink Color II to the Bose Music app, in the same way you connected the soundbar initially? The SoundLink won't be detected if you try this, as it does not connect directly to the app when using SimpleSync, the soundbar will connect to your speaker via Bluetooth directly, the app does not connect to the SoundLink.

To pair your soundbar to the SoundLink speaker you need to follow these steps:

• In the Bose Music app, tap the product image in the lower-right
    Tip: If you have more than one smart speaker, tap the My Bose icon in the upper-left, select a product to group, then tap the product image
  • Tap Group Speakers
  • Choose the speaker(s) to group:
    • To group a single Bluetooth speaker or headset, tap the + next to the Bluetooth product you want to add in the SIMPLESYNC section. As you're connecting a product for the first time, tap Connect a New Product to pair the speakers

This will allow you to play audio through the SoundLink and soundbar at the same time. Any audio you play through the soundbar will also play through the SoundLink speaker too.

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

View solution in original post

Tonycat14
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2021

That worked!  Very easy to link the speakers that way.  Thanks Hector.