timic998
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

Test on soundbar 700

Can we test the speakers one by one in the soundbar? Because the is something that is not working well. I have a very good sound with a soundtouch 300 but with the soundbar 700 there is no spatialization.

11 REPLIES 11
Vicky_W

Re: Test on soundbar 700

Hello timic998, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community Forums. 

I am sorry, I am unsure of what you are trying to achieve here?  Are you trying to listen to each individual speaker in the soundbar? Or do you have the surround speakers and are wanting to test these separately? I ask as with the surround speakers enabled, you can use ADAPTiQ to test each speaker's performance.

If you are looking to test the speakers individually within the soundbar, this cannot be done. Can I please ask why you need to do this? Are you having issues with the sound? If so, I may be able to assist if you let me know what they are. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
timic998
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

just want to know if possible te test each speaker in the soundbar 700 because the song is bad compare to soundtouch 300 in the same room and the same adaptiq method

Vicky_W

Hello timic998, 

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. 

I am sorry but there is no way for us to test this. When you say the sound is bad, can I please ask what you mean? Does it crackle, or does it have less bass? The more detail I have the easier it will be to fix the issue. It would also be great to know: 

• What TV do you have? 
  • Is the audio bad across all sources? 
  • Are you using the same TV as before? 
  • How are you connecting the soundbar to the TV? 
  • Is the audio the same via Bluetooth connections? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
timic998
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

The sound is bad compare to the soundtouch 300. With the soundtouch 300 the sound come from everywhere but the the soundbar 700 does not do that and the voice is too weak. 

My tv is vizio p65-f1

Yes the audio is bad from all source

Yes is the same tv

I use hdmi arc but i try optic too

Im not try bluetooth

Vicky_W

Hello timic998, 

Thanks so much for getting back to me. 

I would suggest we try connecting to the soundbar via Bluetooth. This will give us a good indication as to where the issue is. 

I would also like us to try manually updating the soundbar and resetting it. The steps to do this can be found on this page here. 

Once we have done this, it would be great to try the system again and see if it has improved. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

timic998
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

Yes the sound are better on bluetooth!

Tegan_M

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Were you able to attempt in updating the soundbar also? 

How do you have your Soundbar 700 connected to your Vizio TV? 

Do let us know! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
timic998
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

I dont try to update because my firmware version is 7.0.10.

Keith_L

Hi Timic,

Thanks for letting us know.

As the sound is better from Bluetooth than from the TV, I would suggest you check the audio settings on the TV. I've had a look at your TV model to find what settings should be available to you.

The first thing I would recommend doing is checking the 'digital audio out' setting'. On your Vizio TV, you should have options for Auto, PCM, Dolby  D or Bitstream. It says in the manual for the TV that for sources with more than two channels it recommends using Bitstream, but try a few different settings to see which sounds best to you.

It would also be a good idea to make sure the TV speakers are turned off, as this can affect the audio output from your TV to the soundbar.

Let us know how you get on.

Keith L