Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2015

TuneIn won't play foreign radio stations in UK

Hi,

It seems TuneIn are have some "licence issues" in the UK and therefor we can not play any radio stations from outside the UK. As a non UK national, I love listing to radio stations from my scandinavian home country. Is there any way or any plan to implement another radio "tuner" in the BOSE Smartspeaker app. I have tried myTune in a browser and that still plays the radio stations, as do the radio stations own app.

Kind regards,

Henrik

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

Re: TuneIn won't play foreign radio stations in UK

Hi I'm haveing the same problem want to listen to polish radio but can't anymore can bose install another radio player as this one is now not fit for purpose 

Highlighted

Hello HenrikL and Martyn91674, 

Thank you both for posting and providing us with feedback on this issue you are having. 

We are aware of an ongoing issue impacting TuneIn content for UK-based customers. We are actively investigating this and will provide an update as soon as possible.  We appreciate your patience and apologize for any impact on your experience. 

Keep an eye on the Community for the latest updates on this. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

Hi I discovered the same this weekend, without the foreign stations I guess the sound touches I have are pretty useless 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 6, 2019

I will give you the answer.

Sony has forced some sort of geo blockade of tune-in stations so you cannot listen to stations outside of your country. not sure why they did this.