Jan 5, 2021

Tv audio isn’t playing through Soundbar 700

Bose product : Soundbar 700

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Where do you run into the issue?

On opening product 

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

im having problems setting up the soundbar 700 as having the tv audio play through the soundbar.

spotify plays all okay but the tv audio isn’t.

in the settings it won’t allow me to select the tv input switching for the cable/satellite box I have (Foxtel) 

the Bose remote is working the Foxtel but the audio won’t come through.

it’s stating my tv doesn’t support input switching

Any troubleshooting steps you took

I’ve tried resetting the app, resetting the tv, resetting the soundbar 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_F

Re: Tv audio isn’t playing through Soundbar 700

Author Accepted Answer selected by Johnb.71x

Hey Johnb.71x,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry you're not hearing audio through your Soundbar 700, but I'd be happy to help.

You'll need to connect your Soundbar 700 using HDMI or Optical cable - does your TV have these connections available (Digital Audio - Optical, HDMI-ARC)? If you're connected using HDMI and you're still noticing no audio, try the following:

1) Unplug the TV and soundbar from power. Remove the plugs directly from the strip rather than unplugging the strip from the wall (if a power strip is used). Keep all HDMI cables plugged in.

2) After leaving both units for two minutes, plug your soundbar in. Keep the TV unplugged. The soundbar will flash white when plugged back in (rebooting).

3) When the white light on the soundbar has stopped flashing, press the TV screen button on the soundbar remote. 

4) Plug the TV back into power and test for audio.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_F

Author Accepted Answer selected by Johnb.71x

Hey Johnb.71x,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry you're not hearing audio through your Soundbar 700, but I'd be happy to help.

You'll need to connect your Soundbar 700 using HDMI or Optical cable - does your TV have these connections available (Digital Audio - Optical, HDMI-ARC)? If you're connected using HDMI and you're still noticing no audio, try the following:

1) Unplug the TV and soundbar from power. Remove the plugs directly from the strip rather than unplugging the strip from the wall (if a power strip is used). Keep all HDMI cables plugged in.

2) After leaving both units for two minutes, plug your soundbar in. Keep the TV unplugged. The soundbar will flash white when plugged back in (rebooting).

3) When the white light on the soundbar has stopped flashing, press the TV screen button on the soundbar remote. 

4) Plug the TV back into power and test for audio.

Let me know how you get on!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Johnb.71x
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2021

Unfortunately this has not corrected the issue at all.

as soon as I turn Foxtel/ TV back on I still have no audio coming through the soundbar 

Vicky_W

@Johnb.71x, I am sorry to hear this. In your first post I note you say that your TV does not allow the switching of inputs. Just to confirm, do you have the soundbar selected as the only output for audio?

Johnb.71x
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2021

how do I do that, as I’ve tried looking at audio options through tv, Foxtel etc

Jeff_G

You'll need to check the user guide for your TV, but generally it'll be found in your A/V settings, or Audio settings menus. The speaker should be selected as the output, and TV speaker should be disabled. 

Thanks.