Ian D
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

Re: Smart Speaker Firmware Update - September 15th, 2020

It’s just stuck on the red microphone LED and sweeping white light. No idea what else to do. The hard reset didn’t work as the remote can’t find the soundbar and the 30 second plug reset just goes back to the same sweeping white light and red microphone LED light. I can’t believe this update has caused this, was working well last night. 

Ian D
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

So an update to this, I left it unplugged for an hour. Which then when plugged back in dropped the mic red light. I then plugged in my laptop to the usb service port and forced the update manually. I then left it a while and it completed the update successfully. I then managed to get it re-connected to the app and had to run through all the setup again. So all in all, about 7hrs to complete the setup. 

Cybermarc
Participant
Registered since

Dec 24, 2019

What has been fixed???

What? General bug fixes, Yes, BUT what?

Thank you in advance for detailing the fixes.

@Wayne_M 

alberto.desi
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

Following this:

”You may be able to force an update to the Soundbar by pressing and holding the Music Button that is to the left of the TV button for 10 seconds. The LED indicator will move right to left if it was able to find an update and will download this.”

I’ve updated my soundbar 500 without problems.

Twan_D
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

my soundbar has been updated well over night.

No problems.

Svautovit
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

I've had problems with HDMI ARC in the past. Bose Soundbar 700 and Samsung 55" KS7500 Curved SUHD.
After updating to the last firmware, there are no more problems.
I turned the TV and Soundbar out of the power for 1 min after the update. After reconnecting, the HDMI ARC connection works. At least it worked yesterday, so I hope it stays that way.

Ninuska78
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 19, 2019

Hi, on my home speaker 500 the updated was successful after few minutes, but on the other speaker (home portable model - connected to ac adapter) the update is running since a couple of hour... it is normal?

ottovigo
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 14, 2015

Hello

Thank you Bose, after spending 1000s of $ you have now effectively bricked 2 out of my 3 Smart speakers, a Portable and a 500. What a piece of junk now being stuck in "Almost done" for the last 12 hours...................

Fix it!!

Karsten

Destillator
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

Same here. Speaker works, but the Bose Music app hangs and is “almost finished” updating for a couple of hours now. And that for some ominous firmware update without further specification.

Ninuska78
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 19, 2019

Fixed with an hard reset of my portable home speaker. Then I added again the speaker on the app and the new firmware was successfully installed.