Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aschb01
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

Re: Smart Speaker Firmware Update - September 15th, 2020

My 700 performed the update last night automatically. 

Talk2anand.g
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Finally updated! However, don’t know what I am getting out of it?

The experience was **bleep**! No notifications, no pop-up to accept and start update.

Both my BOSE 700 SoundBar and The Portable Home speaker stopped working suddenly. 

Thanks to this Bose Community website, that’s how I came to know what has happened.

The SoundBar however got updated quite soon but it took ages for the little one.

@Wayne_M  when will your company BOSE understand that there is something called “Customer Experience” ?

Steven Hsieh
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

I get the same issue... I found my 700 gets pulsing white light and doesn't respond anything...

And my remote control cannot pair to it too. I also tried to delete it from my app.

And ethernet cable seems not work too...

Local support said I have to paid thousands to fix it...

Does anyone have any solution to fix this issue or idea...

lightwave
Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2019

My Home Speaker 500 has been saying the update is almost finished for days. I have tried deleting it from the app with the same results. Luckily the speaker itself still works. 

DMcGlohn
Participant
Registered since

Sep 24, 2020

So Sir,

Let me get this straight. You did a hard reset and it fixed your problem?

DHL1010
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2020

How to update the firmware for the Bose Home Speaker 500?   

And does it address goggle assistant on the "power-off" command? 

mackankowski
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

I'm experiencing the same issue as others:

- device is updating (installing - light indicator flashes and moves from left to right)

- remote controller doesn't respond - reset shortcut doesn't work

- resetting router, cutting soundbar power, or other remote actions doesn't work at all

I hope it will finish updating someday...

Shreeja
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2020

Worst experience with home speaker 500. It was running fine till yesterday night on Bluetooth, when today morning it flashed a green light once and then continuously flashing the pulsating white bar from left to right for update. Now it is not responding to any hard reset buttons, not connecting to phone apps. Nothing is working, apart from the white light of update. Moreover, all the service centres in the city is closed. There is no online or telephonic support in the country as well. Worst worst experience. Will definitely think a thousand times before buying another Bode product. 

mackankowski
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

I woudn’t be so pessimistic. I’ve also experienced same issues but I thInk Bose provides high-quality products and it could happen for all different brands... 

Let’s see these recovery steps:

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/articles/HC2620/productCodes/bose_soundbar_500/article.html 

Although it didn’t help me, I have contacted Bose support which quickly responded and sent me a courier/post documents. By my colleages experience, I can say that you should have receive a repaired device in 2-3 weeks. 

Good luck!

Ciga22
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2020

Re: UPDATE! October 8th, 2020 - Smart Speaker Firmware Update

after the update of SoundTouch 30, I have a menu with no music services options or internet radio. I can only connect to Qq streaming for sources. No setups no changes nothing. What happened? How can I get back my services like Spotify,tunein etc etc?