Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ahmed El Sehly
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

Re: UPDATE! October 8th, 2020 - Smart Speaker Firmware Update

I would like to know what's new in the new firmware 9.0.14 please if there is available link.

drewhdouglas
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Re: Smart Speaker Firmware Update - September 15th, 2020

I have the same issue.  No problems, then my Bose 500 doesn't work and has has the left to right white light for two days.

I've tried to reboot, downloaded this "update" via my Mac, the Bose Music app no longer recognises the speaker.

Will this be fixed or is it possible to revert to the earlier version?  

Thanks,

Drew

Jedjedmanuel@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

Same issue. My indicator light moves from left to right for almost 50 hours already. 😢 I dont want to unplug because i know that when the firmware is updating, power interruption is not ideal - i can corrupt the system.

Hope you can advise next steps.

(i am using soundbar 500)

Vicky_W

Hey there, 

I am sorry you are having this issue, it sounds like your soundbar is stuck updating. Check out the steps on this thread here to get this resolved. 

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Orchamedes
Participant
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

The issue I am having is that the app says it’s updating and it’s almost finished... for a week now. 700 speaker works, but I cannot access any of the sound settings. Solid red light. I really wish updates were checked fully before you know.. just, auto bricking our stuff. 

simon_defauconval
Participant
Registered since

May 16, 2021

Hi there - this means that my two soundtouch 10s are now compatible with the new generation of Bose soundbars (e.g. 500/700)?

How would I be able to play music from all of them?

Tegan_M

Hi @Simon_defauconval

Thanks for your question!

The SimpleSync feature will allow you to pair a single SoundTouch 10 in your case with one of our Smart Home products, this is done through the Bose Music app. You can find all instructions HERE. 

If you have any further questions regarding compatibility, check out our article HERE.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!