Highlighted
dweeb
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 27, 2019

Unable to configure voice assistant - Home Speaker 500

Since we have a house full of Google Home devices I thought I would try switching the voice assistant on my Home Speaker 500 from Alexa to Google. Overall the process went fine, however it did not seem to have the same level of integration as the rest of our Google devices. I was unable to send or receive 'broadcast' messages to/from any other device in the home, even though the HS 500 appeared correctly in the Google Home app. I gave up after concluding that it wasn't going to work as expected and decided to switch back to Alexa as the voice assistant. The Bose Music app keeps crashing every time I try to begin the Alexa setup process. I tried setting up the Bose and Alexa apps on another device, got the same result, Bose music app crashes every time I try to change the voice assistant back to Alexa. I removed the HS 500 from my Bose account, and factory defaulted the HS 500, then attempted to re-add the HS 500 and setup the device as new. During the intitial setup process, when it came to voice assistant setup step the application crashed again. Repeated this process with a different device, exact same result. Basically I have no problem connecting to, adding, activating and configuring the HS 500 EXCEPT for the voice assistant part, wherein the application crashes 100% of the time, and 100% consistent on multiple devices. I am now unable to complete the setup of my HS 500. Need some help here, thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Unable to configure voice assistant - Home Speaker 500

Hi Dweeb, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with Alexa. I'd love to help! 

I would recommend uninstalling the app and reinstalling just to make sure there are no issues with the application. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community