Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2019

Unauthorized user

While trying to acces my account on the bose soundtoch app for my sound bar 500, asks me to enter email name and country. Gives me a message of unauthorized user. 

Also while trying to set up Alexa, gives me a message: 

Hmm... We couldn't find a SoundTouch account for that email address

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Unauthorized user

Hi Quirogariel, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your SoundTouch Account. 

I would recommend trying another device. Are you able to try downloading the Application and trying to log in on a different device?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2019

I'm experiencing the same issue of Unauthorized User and would greatly appreciate help.

Jessie O - Community Support - Your response - "trying another device" - I feel does not answer the help request.

Highlighted

Hello tyarb,

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

To confirm, are you also using a Soundbar 500? The system requires the Bose Music app, not the Bose SoundTouch app. Please try downloading the Bose Music app, this should help to resolve your issue. 

Let me know how you get on!

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2020

Having the same issue here. I have Bose music app and when I try to log in it says I’m an unauthorized user—

Highlighted

Hi Asarandrea,

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble signing into your account and I would be happy to help with this.

Is this your first time trying to log into your account on this particular phone or tablet, or have you been logged in on this device before?

Do you have another phone or tablet you could try and use the app on to see if this is something related to the device being used?

If it is specific to the device, I would recommend uninstalling the Bose Music app and redownloading it. When doing this I always suggest that you uninstall the app, restart the phone or tablet, then redownload the app to log back in.

Let me know how you get on.